Honored Contributor

Roberta's Gone from QVC? New Company, Van Zyverden?

Nothing new online under the name Roberta's.  

Plenty of plants and gardening items from a new name -- Van Zyverden.  Here's their website information on their company:

Van Zyverden, Inc., has been a principal in the flower bulb industry for over 100 years. It is one of the largest wholesale distributors of flower bulbs in the United States, shipping over 450 million bulbs and plants in the U.S. and Canada annually. Headquartered in Meridian, Mississippi, Van Zyverden also has facilities in Sassenheim, Holland and Burlington, Washington.

Honored Contributor

Re: Roberta's Gone from QVC? New Company, Van Zyverden?

Good move, QVC!  I've long avoided anything with Roberta's name.  They sold too many exotic plants knowing full well the average gardner wouldn't be able to grow them.  Too many things with exacting requirements for growing conditions.  I got tired of reading all the complaints about poor quality and rude CS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper  Roberta's still mentions it's partnership with QVC on the Roberta's website. Maybe they haven't updated it yet. Or, maybe they are still with QVC and haven't loaded their products on the QVC website yet. Well, I'm glad for any new gardening companies. Heck, any new offerings on QVC are welcome.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good!!! Bc their  flowers were C***!!!  Never anything liked they showed on air.  

Honored Contributor

Finally!!!  What took QVC so long.

Van Zyverden is a very good company.

Respected Contributor

I hope so. Never had any luck with Roberta's. The only reason I continued to try was the Q - factor. I knew they would stand behind my Roberta's failures and they did. Of course I had to eat some things due to time constraints but I believe a big area of defect was their packaging/shipping. Think I'll stick with starting my own seeds and buy local. Good growing everyone !

Honored Contributor

It will be nice to have a new plant supplier.  Van Zyverden looks to sell mainly plants with bulbs or tubers, but let's give them a chance.

Of course, we'll miss the Walliens - Devin, Derek, Stefani, and Koort.  Maybe Philip Watson too - wasn't he most recently affiliated with Roberta's?

I'm hoping the Cottage Farms gal returns - Katie Dubow - along with Barbara King.

Honored Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  Roberta's still mentions it's partnership with QVC on the Roberta's website. Maybe they haven't updated it yet. Or, maybe they are still with QVC and haven't loaded their products on the QVC website yet. Well, I'm glad for any new gardening companies. Heck, any new offerings on QVC is welcome.

@PA Mom-mom   Wow, you're right.  Perhaps Roberta's is waiting to change their website when they get another partnership or business venture.  Still having the QVC name on their website is good marketing. They haven't updated their social media pages since last year either.

QVC's first garden day of the season is February 2.  Roberta's is nowhere mentioned by name in the Program Guide for that day.

Honored Contributor

Very observant! I've watched plant shows but always buy from local nurseries.

Respected Contributor

I purchased some great plants from Roberta's and they did really well for me!   Sad to hear they are leaving or have already left qvc.  I liked seeing the family present the plants.  There was only 1 plant that didn't do well for me, but years later it's still alive!  Some kind of indoor flowering cactus that has NEVER flowered.  It just grows longer and longer.  I moved it into the garage to see if the cold and dark would change something re:flowers.  but nothing has charged.  still growing!