Esteemed Contributor

Refresh Those Birdbaths!

[ Edited ]

I know I say this every summer, but make sure to refresh your birdbaths often. Since it is nearly 100 degrees here in PA, I do it morning and evening, if possible. The insects, birds and squirrels take advantage of them all day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Refresh Those Birdbaths!

In this heat my DH refreshes every day and scrubs every three days. We love watching our feathered friends. 

Respected Contributor

Also the hummer feeders....I was keeping one in the fridge and changing it out when the one outside got warm, but then I couldn’t keep up.They were just getting too hot.🥵

Esteemed Contributor

@PA Mom-mom , good reminder.  We are looking after the hummers and the birds daily.  Just had a whopping thunderstorm, power outage, rain.  Hope that reduces the humidity!  LM

Honored Contributor

I have 2 birdbaths, both quite sizeable,  but  between morning and evening the water totally evaporates in both of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Im amazed at how quickly the water evaporates.... I’m constantly dumping a bucket of water in my water feature.

Honored Contributor

@Azcowgirl.  It's great not needing a hairdryer.  Just sit outside 5 minutes and your hair is dry.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes...your air is dry but the rest of you is wet! I hate “ air you can wear” this time of year. Am ready for pumpkin picking....
Respected Contributor

I have two birdbaths, one in the front and one on my deck.  I check the water every day to make sure it is clean and filled to the brim.  Also make sure I put bird food in my feeder. I love looking out onto my deck and seeing the birds drink the water and have plenty of food to eat.  Such a simple thing, but it is so important and fills my heart with so much joy.

Trusted Contributor

@AzcowgirlI am constantly putting fresh water in my bird baths also, the little birds are giving me a work out keeping up with their baths !!!!