Frequent Contributor

QVC changed my tomato order?

Has anyone had QVC completely change your garden order?  I had ordered some heirloom tomatoes, that had a definite order, and now I go back and the order has completely changed to totally different tomatoes and the order is now on "waitlist". I realize the order wouldn't be completed until it was time to deliver it in April, but I don't like them changing the product without telling me.  What if I don't want that kind?   Good thing I pulled up my "Order Status" to check on something else or I never would  have known. 

Janet in Georgia
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC changed my tomato order?

@GeorgiaJanet wrote:

Has anyone had QVC completely change your garden order?  I had ordered some heirloom tomatoes, that had a definite order, and now I go back and the order has completely changed to totally different tomatoes and the order is now on "waitlist". I realize the order wouldn't be completed until it was time to deliver it in April, but I don't like them changing the product without telling me.  What if I don't want that kind?   Good thing I pulled up my "Order Status" to check on something else or I never would  have known. 

@GeorgiaJanet  Your order should not have been changed without your agreeing.  Now, we have to watch everyone, no more trusting that everything will be done correctly.

Respected Contributor

@GeorgiaJanet wrote:

I never knew the Q sold heirloom tomatoes...the only time I have ever had an order change was when the picture listed on the website was the wrong product.  I kept ordering the product and sending it back to exchange for the right product only to discover QVC had the wrong item listed on the website.  Since your order is an "advance" order you can cancel the order yourself on the Q's website...just go to the Account section and you should see the cancel button unless the wrong item is getting ready to ship to you earlier than planned. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, that is what I went ahead and did, I cancelled the order.  What I am upset about is them changing my order in the first place without telling me.   Originally I was going to get one yellow heirloom and one red heirloom.  Now the order is just two yellow tomato plants.   Wonder if mine was a picture problem too? 

Yes, QVC does sell heirloom tomatoes.  I bought some Cottage Farms patio tomatoes last year and one of the plants was heirloom.....those purply dark tomatoes....they were delicious!!!  That is what I would like to buy again this year.  Also this year, Roberta's is selling this one.  If I had more room and could plant in a garden, I would buy them.  But it looks like they get 5 ft to 7ft, too high for my plastic pots:  

https://www.qvc.com/Robertas-6-Piece-Tomato-Heirloom-Marriage.product.M53139.html?upsh=1&sc=M53139-C...

Janet in Georgia
Honored Contributor

@GeorgiaJanet wrote:

Yes, that is what I went ahead and did, I cancelled the order.  What I am upset about is them changing my order in the first place without telling me.   Originally I was going to get one yellow heirloom and one red heirloom.  Now the order is just two yellow tomato plants.   Wonder if mine was a picture problem too? 

Yes, QVC does sell heirloom tomatoes.  I bought some Cottage Farms patio tomatoes last year and one of the plants was heirloom.....those purply dark tomatoes....they were delicious!!!  That is what I would like to buy again this year.  Also this year, Roberta's is selling this one.  If I had more room and could plant in a garden, I would buy them.  But it looks like they get 5 ft to 7ft, too high for my plastic pots:  

https://www.qvc.com/Robertas-6-Piece-Tomato-Heirloom-Marriage.product.M53139.html?upsh=1&sc=M53139-C...

@GeorgiaJanet  Cottage Farms is available on zulily also.  I bought a set of heirloom tomatoes last year, just google, and if they are not in now, they will be again soon as there is still plenty of time before anything ships.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks!  Zulily didn't have any right now, but I went directly to the Cottage Farms website and found what I wanted on there, so I'll buy directly from them this year and may or may not cancel my QVC order that is on Waitlist.  One way or another, I am determined to get my good tasting, heirloom tomatoes!  Smiley Happy

Janet in Georgia