Esteemed Contributor

Plants did not arrive in good shape!

Ordered the 

Ultimate Innovations 4pc Multi Color Hummingbird Mint Plant

Plants 404.jpg

Only 1 plant looks good!  A second one is doing pretty good after 3 days.   2 are still a mystery!

Plants 407.jpg

Very disappointed!  

The Sunpatiens I received from Phillip Watson are doing wonderful.  Have doubled in size already!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Plants did not arrive in good shape!

My Sunpatiens shipped on 4/3 - they are still showing sitting in IL since 4/4.  I live in Washington state so it is going to be a long trip for little plants from IL to WA.  I am hoping they make it but I don't have good feelings about this!

Honored Contributor

At least they all still look alive.  May not be as advertised but should do fine with some care.  The ones I got from Robertas several years ago were DOA.  

Esteemed Contributor

@OutofMadison wrote:

My Sunpatiens shipped on 4/3 - they are still showing sitting in IL since 4/4.  I live in Washington state so it is going to be a long trip for little plants from IL to WA.  I am hoping they make it but I don't have good feelings about this!

There's hope.  My sun patiens never even wilted!

Super Contributor

Good luck.  I learned my lesson about five years ago.  My sun patiens were the tiniest little things.  I babied them knowing how much I paid for them.  I couldn't believe how small they were compared to what my big box store sells.  I vowed never again.  I have not purchased any plants from them anymore.

Honored Contributor

I've seen far worse. Shipping anything live is a challenge. Many large retailers will occasionally ship a dummy package filled with sensors to record how the package was handled and those reports are pretty eye-opening. No matter the warning labels or instructions, packages often get horribly abused on their way to the customer. Some of the high end PC makers now pack their more expensive computers in wooden cases and secure the wooden crate to a shipping pallet. It costs a lot more to ship in that manner, but it protects the computer better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

The packaging was good.  Apparently the plants were packed "dry" because all the leaves were dead.

Two of them are beautiful!  Packed right!

Esteemed Contributor

All of them are alive.  3 have doubled in size and one is still puny...but alive.  Guess there's hope!