Contributor

I have several and never do a thing, just watch them pop up every season, brace them in cage supports if they droop too much, cut them down when they stop blooming as I just don't like a lot of just green leaves and next season they're back! I love the deep red colors the most and some are more fragrant than others but lays fun mixing colors 

Contributor

The ants eat the top seal like covering. I don't think ants are an issue but Inever bring the flowers into the house just enjoy the plant in the yard 

Esteemed Contributor

I just fertilize twice in the summer, that's all. I put a tomato cage over them.  Mine are 3 years old this year so should get flowers. Got mine at Walmart & they pop back every year.  They are already about 18".  I cut them back to the ground in winter and they survive the snow. Mine are in a large container so I cover with 4" of pine needles.

Respected Contributor

my peonies started blooming yesterday. I have 5 large bushes white and pink ones that are big.

We have had tons of rain and mine will end up on the ground which are hard to enjoy. I usually make vases of them on the porch.  

I so want to enjoy them but the rain has been all April and 4 more days this week and next. Darn it!

I don't want cages in my front flower beds, ugg

Honored Contributor

You can paint tomato cages to blend into whatever background you have so they're less noticeable in a flower bed. Dark green or black are commonly used colors. A cheap Walmart rattle can of spray paint can make a silver tomato cage largely disappear in the foliage while still holding the plant upright. You don't need a great paint job that will last for an eternity, just something to help the cage blend in better.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!