Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outdoor cleaner name? Help

@Bird mama wrote:

@geezerette   Does is smell and are there fumes?  I don't wanna choke my birds.

Same here.......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama 

@Nataliesgramma 

That was my main concern too because I’m chemically sensitive so just about anything chemical or with a scent can pose a problem for me.  

It “says” it doesn’t smell, but if you’re super sensitive, you can still smell something.  Not a lot, and my case, I’m spraying it in an enclosed shower stall.  But it isn’t bad.  I can tolerate it well and once I’m done spraying and get out of the shower, I smell nothing in the bathroom.  No lingering odor or chemical sensation.  I spray after I shower while it’s still wet (at night) and leave it on for 24 hours until the next night when I shower again.  Then I just rinse it off.  The shower only gets used once a day, so I only use the Wet and Forget once every couple of weeks.

@Bird mama , I don’t think it would bother your birds at all.  I know birds are sensitive to chemicals, but as long as they’re not in the bathroom while it’s being sprayed, I don’t think it would affect them.  Of course, if you left it on, they shouldn’t be allowed access to the shower/bath area until it was rinsed off.  I only notice that slight odor while I’m actually in the shower stall and the product is wet.  Even so, it’s not at all like other bath cleaners I used to use.

I do have to add that I always wipe down my shower after using, which might add to the product’s effectiveness.  

Honored Contributor

@geezerette   I can try spraying it with the bathroom door closed and the window open.  That's usually how I clean the bathroom anyway.  Even in the dead of winter.  I may come out of that room blue from the cold, but my birds stay safe so that's alrightWoman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

😄  Been there, done that!  Unfortunately, my current bathroom doesn’t have a window. ☹️

You can judge for yourself if you care to take a chance on it.  It sure does save a lot of work and I had to smell the other cleaners more often than this!😷