Super Contributor

Thought I'd share some things I've done this spring.  This first picture shows where I have put down some brick and pea gravel and a couple lawn ornaments.  I don't have a before picture, but it was just a patch of weeds.  Kind of zen looking?

pea gravel.jpg

These pictures are a log garden I'm making.  We had a fallen tree at the back of our property and was way too heavy to move so I just left it where it fell.  I bought a few plants so far, but the nurseries around here aren't fully stocked yet, so it's a work in progress!

LOG1.jpg

LOG2.jpg

LOG3.jpg

Man plans. God laughs.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My spring projects

[ Edited ]

very nice...wish i had your energy!  just curious....what is that between the 2 gravel beds...love the blue ornament on the stand.....

Respected Contributor

Very nice. I love your log garden.

Super Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

very nice...wish i had your energy!  just curious....what is that between the 2 gravel beds...love the blue ornament on the stand.....

Oh, that's the entrance to the crawl space.  I told my husband that was HIS job, cleaning out that space!

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

Very nice!  I love your idea for a log garden. 

Respected Contributor

@caroln242 , so pretty!  It is nice to work with what is provided by Mother Nature!  S

Super Contributor

@Lilysmom1 wrote:

@caroln242 , so pretty!  It is nice to work with what is provided by Mother Nature!  S

I wish I could take credit for the idea, but actually it was my sister who saw it and said, "I'd use that for a log garden!"    You are very right about using what Mother Nature provides.  I looked up log gardens on line...some of the logs they sell are beautiful and pricey!

Man plans. God laughs.