Regular Contributor

Multiple Color Daylilies

[ Edited ]

I want dayliles to line my sidewalk in a narrow 6' long space. I want just one color in the space. Why does QVC always offer multiple colors in a collection? Are they trying to get you to buy multiples? I do like multiple colors in large areas but not lining my sidewalk. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Multiple Color Daylilies

There are many commercial nurseries that will sell you as many of one color as you want.  They will be bigger, healthier plants than what QVC sells and will bloom sooner.  Just google daylily sellers a little later in the season.  Fields are covered with snow now.

I discovered a great place to buy them....eBay of all places.  I bought the largest, nicest plants I've ever gotten, from individuals thinning out their gardens.  I grew all pink shades but not the same variety.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetpea70  If you want to have just one color daylily, I would suggest you consult some of the prominent catalogs or your local garden center. Even better, check out the daylily society to find growers in your area. We bought all of our daylilies from a local grower who actually had some they bred themselves. The possibilities are endless!

Trusted Contributor

I absolutely agree with this!

Either way, Cottage Farms does sell some single color daylilies.  They have the Handwriting on the Wall one and a few others.  If you want something "special" and not the usual ones that are sold at big box stores and nurseries, you can probably find what you're looking for at Bluestone Perennials.  I have ordered from them multiple times and have always had success.  They are expensive (with shipping), but they have a tremendous variety.

Honored Contributor

Check out Gilbert H Wild website. Nice sized fans & very reasonable prices. Look for Tetraploid types as their colors are more intense. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love daylilies & daisys, all colors.  I buy Roberta's reblooming and bulbs from Ebay growers.  Haven't you noticed "buy multiples" are the phrase all the host use over & over on everything.  Of course they get 30% discount.