Honored Contributor

Re: It was a Beautiful Spring Morning in My Backyard!

Very pretty, i noticed there are no pee spots from your dog,how do you keep that from happening?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

All that gorgeousness reminds me of the Butchart Gardens, @SeaMaiden  It's a lovely design, and shows the hard and loving work you put in to maintain it.

Your first photo is a prime example of komorebi, the Japanese word for sun filtering through trees.  (I am very fond of that word!)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Such a beautiful yard, you do nice work! I'm guessing you live in Washington ( me too) because everything is so green and colorful! 

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Very pretty, i noticed there are no pee spots from your dog,how do you keep that from happening?

Not every dog's pee kills or browns the grass @goldensrbest .  Willie's doesn't, but I have had a couple of dogs that did.  Must have something to do with the acidity ??

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden @Your yard is very beautiful.You have design talent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

Not every dog's pee kills or browns the grass @goldensrbest .  Willie's doesn't, but I have had a couple of dogs that did.  Must have something to do with the acidity ??

@tends2dogs wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

@goldensrbest     When I had Lola , who passed away last march...  Smiley Sad   I had brown spots on the grass as that is where she went.  Now that she is gone( I miss her terribly!) Buddy our black lab, who is a male,  goes   out on the bark cover or on a tree... ( Duhh! Smiley Happy   So, the grass has come back from the dead spots my sweet Lola made... I wish she was here to make them again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

All that gorgeousness reminds me of the Butchart Gardens, @SeaMaiden  It's a lovely design, and shows the hard and loving work you put in to maintain it.

Your first photo is a prime example of

komorebi

, the Japanese word for sun filtering through trees.  (I am very fond of that word!)

@GingerPeach  Thanks for sharing that about the sunlight photo... Thanks so much!  Here is an excellent explaination of Komorebi     

https://evs-translations.com/blog/komorebi/