Respected Contributor

I ordered a garden sign from Etsy that can be personalized.

[ Edited ]

The sign actually comes from Hong Kong but they have excellent reviews.

I wanted to get something for a friend of mine who I met last summer after a huge tree fell did extensive damage to my backyard, it was the neighbors tree.

This older man showed up to volunteer last summer to help me out. It would have been too expensive to use my deductible. A had a few men show up to help me for free.

After 4 long months of rebuilding my whole backyard and totally exhausted we finished it. 

We have stayed friends and he's back now to do more work. I think he just enjoys it since he lives in an apt. and brings his dog with him. He loves to garden. 

I decided to find a sign for him with his name on it that shows his name and garden.

It's a pretty metal sign. I think he will get a kick out of it. 

I feel like the garden is half his now. Custom Sunflower & Butterfly Garden Stake,Metal Garden Sign,Personalized Garden Stake,Yard Decor,Gardener Name Sign,Flower Bed Decorations

I have cats and he has a dog so I think this will be perfect.

Honored Contributor

Re: I ordered a garden sign from Etsy that can be personalized.

@luvmyteddy4 That's such a kind and sweet thing to do. I'll bet he will love that!

Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 @You are so thoughtful! I love the kitty cat and dog on the sign. I also love hearing that you and your neighbor have worked together to get your backyard back to where you will enjoy and him as well. So sweet!.

Respected Contributor

@MerriSherri wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 @You are so thoughtful! I love the kitty cat and dog on the sign. I also love hearing that you and your neighbor have worked together to get your backyard back to where you will enjoy and him as well. So sweet!.

The dog and the cat is the best part. lol

This man doesn't even live in my neighborhood and when I asked for volunteers last summer he showed up. 

He wants to plant some wildflowers in the back corner so I thought this sign would be perfect. He's never taken a dime from me.

Respected Contributor

How nice of those men to help you~good neighbors, friends. What a pretty sign and a sweet idea. I'm sure he will get a kick out of it.

Thanks for sharing...that sign would make a nice gift for a friend of mine, who's birthday is in May and I often like to get something for her garden at that time.

Honored Contributor

That's a lovely gift!

Valued Contributor

I love that! Thanks for the reminder about Etsy! It’s a great place to get unique items for yourself or as gifts!
Frequent Contributor

@luvmyteddy4  I loved reading this.  What a nice story and a thoughtful idea from the heart on your part.  Thank you for sharing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received the sign today and it's perfect!

A nice heavy metal. I got the 10 inch size which is not a bad size. They offered lots of different sizes. It came fast.

Love it!