Honored Contributor

Hummingbird Swing

[ Edited ]

I bought a hummingbird swing recently and hung it near one of my hummingbird feeders.  It took a few days, but the hummingbirds use it frequently.  I love watching them on it.  It's on my front porch so they are closer to me than they are when they're perching in the trees. 

I ordered it from Amazon.  It's the Songbird Essentials Copper Hummingbird Swing.  I took these pictures this moring.  One is of the swing.  They're usually facing me, but I had my phone with me this mornig when they were the other way.  One is at the feeder.  The red bead attracts the hummers.

fullsizeoutput_1e9.jpegPB7rCIO7Sha5H6G8UIkLZA.jpg

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , who knew???  So cute.  One of my gardening friends is crazy about the hummers.  I must get this for her.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@NickNack , who knew???  So cute.  One of my gardening friends is crazy about the hummers.  I must get this for her.  LM

@Lilysmom   I think it would be a great gift!  I'd never heard of them until I happened to see it on Amazon.  Our hummingbirds usually leave about the first week of October.  I plan to leave mine up though.  The reviews on Amazon said that other birds use it, too.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , yes, I will put that on my wish list and get it next time I order.  Hoping it is on the Canadian site.  One of my feeders is just below my living room window so it will be a good spot for it.

Our hummers leave mid September.  

My gardening friend is hard to buy for so this is a great idea!  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve seen that locally and was tempted.  But my feeders have resting places for them while they feed and things nearby on which to rest when not feeding.  BUT this I can hang  near my chair on the porch and enjoy some company with coffee in the morning.  I may pick up one while I’m out today. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I’ve seen that locally and was tempted.  But my feeders have resting places for them while they feed and things nearby on which to rest when not feeding.  BUT this I can hang  near my chair on the porch and enjoy some company with coffee in the morning.  I may pick up one while I’m out today. 

@esmerelda   My feeders have perches, too, but they are really enjoying this swing.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I will have to get this for my mom.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a wire Welcome sign that the hummers sit on all the time.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I will have to get this for my mom.

@goldensrbest   She will love it!

-Henry David Thoreau