Esteemed Contributor

Even if you can't spot them, they will be tired and hungry and will bless you preparing for them.

I have them year round and some days I can see them.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Missouri (St. Louis) and "they" always tell us the 1st week of April, but it seems the hummers don't usually arrive until towards the end of the month. I always put mine out early and then end up dumping the sugar water and start all over. I've seen none so far.

Respected Contributor

I am in Central Florida and I started seeing a couple last week, and more steady this week.  I have 3 feeders out.

Honored Contributor

First visit a minute ago. A male, and he was here for quite a while!

Honored Contributor

Southern WV here; my husband was on the front porch about 8 a.m., when a male hummer flew in front of him and hovered as if to say "I'm back!"    

Honored Contributor

I have had my feeder out since mid March.  I rarely see them in the summer though.  The feeder is not in a good spot for me to watch it.  However, it gets a lot of activity in the fall when they start fighting over it.  I did see one in the garden a couple of times last smmer though.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm 35 iles sw suburb of Chicago   I usually put 1 out on my birthday  but I'm going to wait till this weekend.  I'll start with one & move up to 3. They are in the picture window of our TV room.  Very entertaining! I can't wait.

Honored Contributor

We should start seeing them here (Lincoln, NE) by the end of the week or early next week. The earliest Ruby-throated we had for the Spring migration period is May 2nd. The last of them we'll see is about mid June...til the Fall migration begins (for us) at the end of July.

Sadly for our location, we are about 60 miles too far west to have them around during the breeding season. The closest area to us is along the river/Omaha.

I'll start putting out the feeders Saturday... Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

First Humminbird today!  He stayed drinking at the feeder for at least 5 minutes. Then another showed up, dive bombed the first one and they took off! RI shoreline.

He's late by 2 days. 2020 April 25th

Honored Contributor

I actually saw one today.  I was working out in the yard and just happened to see it go to the feeder.  I wasn't close enough to see if it was male or female.