Trusted Contributor

The very first TSV Phillip brought in was a 3 piece Hibiscus bush plant.

I got them with only 2 labelled with the color tag. So obviously they assume the third doesn't need to be marked because we would remember what the 3 colors were, right?

Not happening, at least not in my brain. I have berry and the white with the red edges marked. Third one is still a mystery in my mind.

Can anyone tell me what the 3rd color was?

I hate that when things sell out QVC takes things off line. I like to go back and read about the plants I bought 6 months previous! I wish they would leave the descriptions up!

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch The item wasn’t found by entering the number in the search bar? Or through your order so you can review it?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Contributor

could it have been this three piece collection. It's sold out but there is still a video up  http://www.qvc.com/Cottage-Farms-3-pc-Tropical-Paradise-Hardy-Hibiscus.product.M43640.html

Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch  TyeDie, Plum Fantasy and Sultry Kiss.  Mine all died.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I got this one a couple of years ago.  One stem died.  Guess I watered the wrong side of the planter!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for your try to help. The video is not the set I got. I noticed all the comments were from 2014.

I guess it doesn't matter. I will just plant the white with the red edges in the middle so whatever color the ones on each side won't really matter. I am putting them along a fence so I was just wanting them to look color coordinated.

This set is similar though, although smaller in height at full grown and more like a shrub. According to Phillip they are already 2 years old so I hope they grow well.

They came bare root and I was nowhere near ready to plant them so I stuck them in containers. They all came out of dormancy and are growing so I hope I don't kill them when I transplant.

One is berry, and one says "strawberry fringed" (or something like that). It seems silly there was no tag on the third one. It was way back in January! It was his first visit. By the time they ship to my area it is usually almost May. The growing guide was not specific to this particular set. It was just a "how to grow hibicus". I noticed Cottage Farms sent a lot of "generic" growing guides this year.

My knockout rose purchase will be interesting. I got 2 sets, and each set had one red, one pink. I sadly had to pull out all my "front of the house" knockouts last summer because they were so big and full and I had my house painted. There was no way to paint behind them.

BUT, neither set had any color tags on them, So I have 2 pink and 2 red, all planted where my old ones were, but I have no idea in what color order they are. Red, red, pink pink? Or pink red red pink? Frustrating because I will have to let them be this season so they get established and then move the colors around next spring so they alternate red/pink/red/pink.

A simple tag to name the color and they don't do it. Sigh....

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch

I purchased the TSV Cottage Farm Hibiscus back at the end of January and received mine in May also.

The colors are supposed to be:

Starry Starry Night ( Whitish with pink) supposed to have a greenish/purplish foliage)

Berry Awesome (a lavender color)

Summer in Paradise (vibrant pink)

Seems to me only two of my plants were tagged with the color also.  I left my tags on when planted, I'll check tomorrow.  Mine are doing well and growing rapidly, but I am thinking I probably won't see blooms until early August.