Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

so yummy with a sprinkle of salt!!

and sliced on a bread sandwich ,slabbed with peanut butter. Can't wait, little slow in gardens in the East.

Super Contributor

@Icegoddess ... I think mine will go on side with Reubens for dinner. Lol.  Will be a few more days till I can pick a couple more.

Mr BumbleBee ... I have one, too! Every morning he shows up. He got so impatient for me to get the netting off the garden this morning, that he squeezed his plump little self through a space and got in there. Flowers are waiting!!  Smiley Very Happy

Happy gardening!!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess That cucumber looks good and would be better washed, sliced and chilling in my refrigerator .   Thanks for making me want a cucumber now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Wish I could pass all my cucumbers on to you that want some. They have been running out our ears this last week. Have made 7 pints of pickle relish and have 21 day counter top pickles sitting waiting to be made into sweet ones. Neighboring gardeners are turning us down when offered to them. But, this heat is here now, so they will stop growing like mad. Wish they would not all come at the same time. I cringe when my husband comes carrying in more.Vinegar, onion, and cucumber salad is getting old already. Maybe I will give that peanut butter and cucumber sandwich a try. At least it is different!

Honored Contributor

You could use the old zucchini drop.  I had a friend who would leave grocery bags of zucchini on my front porch because I would not voluntarily take them from her - she always denied it though!  I would much rather have cucumbers.