Esteemed Contributor

@shelbyshelbyshelby , you’re so right.  We are fortunate indeed.  I am squeezing the best out of every last sunny Fall day.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia There are lots of leaves for the insects here.

This year I took a gardening friends advice and bought a mulcher for the leaves in the flower beds.  I am using the mulched leaves in thebeds as Insulation for winter.  Supposed to be really good for the soil.  LM

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Very nice!  Your picture looks like a beautiful oil painting. 

I was just about to say the same thing, @Lilysmom  and @itsmagic 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach @itsmagic , so sweet, thank you for the kind words.  

I have my work cut cut out for me in the Spring.  Our provincial associations of garden clubs is having their annual meeting in our City and have asked me to host a garden tour.  I said no at first.  I am so behind other years because of our community project and damage from Dorian.  

We put in a hard couple of weeks making up for lost time so I consented to the tour.  I will probably kick myself next Spring because it is a lot of work.  Anyway, we are in it now.  

The irony is is that I don’t belong to a garden club lol.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@GingerPeach @itsmagic , so sweet, thank you for the kind words.  

I have my work cut cut out for me in the Spring.  Our provincial associations of garden clubs is having their annual meeting in our City and have asked me to host a garden tour.  I said no at first.  I am so behind other years because of our community project and damage from Dorian.  

We put in a hard couple of weeks making up for lost time so I consented to the tour.  I will probably kick myself next Spring because it is a lot of work.  Anyway, we are in it now.  

The irony is is that I don’t belong to a garden club lol.  LM

What an honor, @Lilysmom  Your talent and hard work are being shown off!  

We have such talented posters, in all sorts of fields, and you are definitely one.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

It is as beautiful as a picture post card.

Thanks for the posting.

Esteemed Contributor

@Flatbush , such nice words, thank you!  LM