Honored Contributor

Was just walking around the yard with my dog. Spotted daffodils just peeking up from the ground. It's early for them here, I think they will get frozen, it's only Feb. and in the midwest, we will still have more winter. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

mine are up. I just have a few but they are always a welcome sign that spring is just around the corner. I'm in central Mississippi and we've been having temps in the low 80s this week. it's just a trick, though. it will be cold again before spring actually arrives Smiley Happy

fullsizeoutput_1b2d.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

When plants and grass start growing again, is my favorite time of year.  That typically doesn't happen here until late April.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snicks1@MariotaMurielle@GCR18, wow those daffodils are looking good.  It will be April here as well before we see growth.  Hoping this last month of winter is good to us.  LM

Honored Contributor

Only one of my large yellow and white ones bloomed again this year.  It's in a shallow pot with a grassy-type plant called bunny ears.  

But all my mini yellow ones are blooming.

I'd take a picture but my camera just died this morning.

I'm in California but I would not mind waiting longer until spring.  We need a lot more rain plus colder weather.  The cold inhibits the insect and snail populations.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

They are so cheerful.

Last fall I wanted to dig the daffodil bulbs up and relocate them, but much as I dug, I could not find them!  Now of course they are sprouting in places I don't want them,and overcrowded too.  I uprooted quite a few and replanted them, they were 2-3" high.  They are not dead but not growing either, just sitting there.  Anyone know if they might finally grow and bloom?

Honored Contributor

They probably will. Experiment & see. Replant at the level they were originally in the soil.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Regular Contributor

My daffodils peak through in December every year and every year I say I am going to put more soil in my flower beds so they won’t the following December, but of course I don’t. Apparently it doesn’t hurt them since they always bloom well come spring. They are up a good 2-3 inches already and I know there is much more cold weather coming here in the Great Lakes.  My crocus started blooming last week.  

Honored Contributor

I love them, but mine just  sometimes don't bloom.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbestwrote:

I love them, but mine just  sometimes don't bloom.

Time to divide & separate the bulbs.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼