Valued Contributor

Re: Community Beautification Project

@Lilysmom  That's wonderful! I hope you will keep sharing with us as you continue your progress. You may have to nudge me though in Community Chat because I always forget to check in on the garden side Smiley Happy

I did want to share with you that because of your post I went into work and emailed my group to see if anyone was interested in volunteering for Habitat for Humanity once the weather gets better (stops raining). One of the young ladies offered to set it up and we've got 8 people committed so far! We used to do that a couple of years ago as a team and for some reason stopped. 

I'm just so glad I saw your post. Look at all the good stuff you are spreading from far away Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

You folks did a fabulous job! @Lilysmom 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom    I watched a documenty today about a similar project in Philadelphia.  They rehabbed a vacant lot where kids played basketball and turned it into a beautiful garden.  I know these projects must be a ton of work for volunteers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite , isn't it wonderful that you and your volunteers are getting into action.  That made my day early in the morning.

We are just starting phase 2 which will be a large mural probably with some shrubbery around it.  I will keep you posted.  

You're right about the amount of work.  We ran into obstacles especially with some of the businesses trying to thwart the project but were able to overcome them.  We have had tremendous positive feedback from our community and, yes, from the businesses as well.

I can't tell you how many people donated materials and services to our project.  It was heartwarming.

Keep me posted on your progress @SunSprite !  LM

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom , thank you!  

It is hard to convey the change in the property at this intersection, especially in winter, but it is significant.  LM