Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddessit's very hard to deal with when the ground is uneven, isn't it.  

I lost.  Chipmunk has returned and had the nerve to watch me cover up his hole again.  I used cardboard and dirt.  I need to find some 1/4 inch mesh screen.  I dumped kitty litter down the hole cause I had no gravel.  I am sure it will do nothing and the critter is laughing.  

There were two and now only one though.  I think a stray cat might have gotten one.  My camera showed a cat and also a large racoon nearby so maybe they will get this chipmunk if I can't.

Respected Contributor

The last time my niece caught a mouse - and went to dispose of it - until her twin 5 year olds decided to name it.  I think it resided in an unused aquarium for a bit. 

Be grateful you don't have little kids around who might want to feed it! 

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Landscape fabric would work to cover the hole or even bird netting (unless it chews through it). Do you have any castor oil or ammonia? Perhaps some dumped into the hole might deter it because of the odor.

I once stopped a juvenile raccoon from tipping over a garbage pail by putting ammonia inside the garbage pail and the bag itself. It never came back to it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp did your chipmunk dig a hole that I call a mud hole?  The mud is on top of the ground with a hole in the center?

Honored Contributor

I have many chipmunks, they are very cute,they keep one of my goldens entertained.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@Snoopp did your chipmunk dig a hole that I call a mud hole?  The mud is on top of the ground with a hole in the center?

That sounds like a crawdad hole.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom If they can chew through screening they would make quick work of landscape fabric or bird netting.  

I tried to use bird netting to keep them out of a potted plant once and a snake got caught up in it.  Poor thing. I spent quite awhile cutting him out of it.