Honored Contributor

Just a few small parts of this gorgeous spot in British Colombia.  

Gardens are awe-inspiring.  This is true whether it's your own backyard or a professionally created one like this.

Image result for butchart gardens

Image result for butchart gardens

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Wasn't this originally a rock quarry?  This is what I'd call making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  I'd love to see it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

You're right, @Kachina624.  It was a quarry.  There's a whole Wikipedia entry on it.

I was there in the 1990s but didn't see nearly enough of it to satisfy me!  I want to go back.  I'll meet you there!  Woman LOL

Image result for butchart gardens history

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach  It's a date!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Even though I visited the Butchart Gardens many years ago as a child, I remember that it was totally amazing. I had never seen such gorgeous gardens. I hope to see it again some time.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach@Kachina624, I’ll meet you there😊.

I have staircase envy.  I have a spot where I would love to nestle that staircase into.  Some of my version of heaven would be to work in zGod’s gardens with no limitation on what I am allowed to do.  Wouldn’t that be fun!  LM

Honored Contributor

Wow, that is beautiful. i’d love to see that garden in person.  It’s like a beautiful painting done with plants and trees.

It’s difficult  to imagine that used to be an ugly spot.

Honored Contributor

I used to live close to Victoria.I still have a cabin on a lake close by.We visit every summer....please come and enjoy beautiful Vancouver Island anytime.There is only one highway running north to south so ya can’t get lost.The island is a very safe place with lots of beautiful beaches and great restaurants,camping,hiking,fishing.There is even a walking trail connecting most of the cities that was once the rail line.

Honored Contributor

Another amazing place to visit so it shall be added to my bucket list. Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@dex I’ve been to both Victoria and Vancouver for a brief time so how did we miss it?