Honored Contributor

Today my sister and her friend ventured forth to Lancaster, Pa. for some shopping.  They stopped at a roadside stand run by Mennonites near Churchtown, Pa to buy mums which she said were $5/pot.  She gave me permission to post these pictures.

• IMG_1690.jpgIMG_1686.jpgjpeg-imag.jpg
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 gorgeous picture.  I can only imagine what it must be in person. 

Honored Contributor

I paid $8.50 for giant pots of mums from an Amish greenhouse and thought they were excellent values. Your picture is gorgeous.

Honored Contributor

They are beautiful pictures.. I hope everyone enjoyed their trip.

A bargain grocery store near me gets mums every year from a Lancaster grower.  The pots are overly huge and they are only $3.99.

The problem is, they sell out within the hour they are received.  I was there twice this past week and missed them. The first time I was there, they had three pots of the rust color left, which I don't care for.

They have the most beautiful poinsettias at Christmas time too.

I love the fall flowers, but it is depressing when Jack Frost comes into town and they are gone.

Honored Contributor

Nice shots !

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  Those are gorgeous! I love mums. Thanks for posting the pics.

Honored Contributor

A sea of mums!  So gorgeous,   Please thank your sister for me.

The pictures remind me very much of Butchart Gardens.  

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

So pretty. I really love those purple ones.

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624  They are so beautiful. We have yet to purchase ours for the patio. The colors and variety are spectacular.

Respected Contributor

Such a lovely picture.  Question.  The local home store is now selling mums.  I live in a sub-tropical climate.  I was told you can plant them in the ground here and they will come back as perennials so I was thinking of planting a few "mini" bunches of Mums in my little flower garden.  Looks like as they grow, they have quite a large root system.

Does anyone plant mums and have them come back year after year w/summer and fall blooms?  I'm willing to try.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing