Honored Contributor

Thirty of the 53 geranium seeds have now germinated and are growing. The lobelia seeds sprouted very well. They were leftovers from 2007 that had been sitting in my fridge, so I wasn't wildly optimistic, but they're doing very well. No sign of life yet from the catnip seeds. I expect more geraniums seeds to sprout over the coming days, but thirty's a good number anyway. In another week or so the impatiens seeds will get started. The new plant lights seem to be doing well. They aren't burning up the seedlings and the seedlings aren't stretching so the height may be just about right.

The weather, at least locally seems committed to an early spring. We were supposed to be down in the twenties overnight with 3"-6" of snow today, but it's 39 out and just rain. Nice! I don't have to shovel the rain.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I’m in South Texas and my Rose Bushes are all blooming 

Honored Contributor

I am in the PNW.  I have hellebore and camellias blooming in yard.  I used to plant winter pansies but we have had an influx of wild rabbits and they consider them a tasty treat.  Daffodils are just peeking through.  The next to bloom should be the rhododendrons. 

Respected Contributor

I live in the northwest and we're having an unusually mild winter. As a result, some of my plants that should still be dormant are starting to wake up.

We're finally having some cold teperatures (20's and 30's) and we're supposed to have a "big dump of snow" this weekend (for us weather weenies, that means more than one inch lol!) and I'm wondering if it's going to kill my plants that have starting waking up early.

Valued Contributor

Re: Anything In Bloom Now?

[ Edited ]

In Southern California Camellias, 2 potted Kalanchoe on the patio are blooming and some other white flower that grows under the birch trees.  They were here when we moved in but I should probably try to identify them.  The lavender I pruned is budding again.

Respected Contributor

The white Freesias have popped up in the last few days. So pretty and fragrant.

Respected Contributor

@Flatbush 

I'm in So Cal too, and here's what's blooming for me: (my focus is blooms bees like)

Lantana blooming beautifully, but flowers are old and bees are ignoring it

Mecican heather (cuphea hyssopifolia--bees are loving it

Aloe blue elf  I don't think bees can access the nectar in these flowers. Maybe hummers but I've never seen one

Silver dollar jade, near the end of blooming cycle but it has been very popular with bees

Camelias

Esteemed Contributor

The snowdrops are blooming here in NJ. They were up before the snow storms and were buried for a while but as it melted, there they are. 

Love them as they are always early bloomers and make me smile.

Honored Contributor

My Camellias have been blooming off and on throughout the winter.  Also, I would expect forsythias any time now.  

Respected Contributor

e3ll7cdIQpms5RQ4UE%F9A.jpgOur Lenten Roses are up!