Respected Contributor

Re: the in between girls ... not plus but not skinny . Celebrating where we are now

She is a beautiful girl. I scanned her bio and she clearly points up what she believes to be her figure flaws. The "in-between" part is that missy sizes are too small but plus sizes are too big. Her attitude, eating and exercise habits appear to be very healthy. And she is a very good writer. Neat little blog that I imagine would help a lot of young women her age.

Honored Contributor

Re: the in between girls ... not plus but not skinny . Celebrating where we are now

On 1/14/2014 ballinmom said:
On 1/14/2014 Shaunac said:

I certainly don't think she is "big". Overweight, yes, but not by much. I see 250 pounds as "big", she is no where near that.

A woman who is 250 lbs. @ 5'4" is morbidly obese.

ballinmom, yes, at 250 pounds, a height 5 ft 4 in, I trust you are working on weight loss. Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

I certainly don't think she is "big". Overweight, yes, but not by much. I see 250 pounds as "big", she is no where near that.

That's just semantics. People don't walk around daily saying oh, that woman is morbidly obese. If you see someone on the street, do you say, oh she's morbidly obese? No, she's a big girl or she's overweight. Duh. You are splitting hairs.

Trusted Contributor

That's just semantics. People don't walk around daily saying oh, that woman is morbidly obese. If you see someone on the street, do you say, oh she's morbidly obese? No, she's a big girl or she's overweight. Duh. You are splitting hairs.

Actually, I say she's morbidly obese. I'm not splitting hairs, I simply detest euphemisms.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2014 namealreadytaken said:

ballinmom, yes, at 250 pounds, a height 5 ft 4 in, I trust you are working on weight loss. Good luck.

I certainly would be.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}On 1/13/2014 aprildreams said:
On 1/13/2014 Love Roses said:

I will visit the site. I wasn't fat or overweight as a child, teen, adult. I would not eat some days and other days I would just snack on fruit or veggies. It was the trend and the times. I like my thinness and if I did gain weight I was still slender. Still am. The pressure to be thin has always been with me. It was a different generation. Didn't help I had an older bullying sister who was envious of my looks - she was fat all her days but it was due to her overeating. I was more insecure about my loveliness than my body. I think in many ways, many of us will always have some insecurities that were put there by others and they will never go away though we try. It's called the journey of life for me.

Has your "loveliness" been a horrible burden to bear?

{#emotions_dlg.lol}