Esteemed Contributor

Re: the in between girls ... not plus but not skinny . Celebrating where we are now

I will visit the site. I wasn't fat or overweight as a child, teen, adult. I would not eat some days and other days I would just snack on fruit or veggies. It was the trend and the times. I like my thinness and if I did gain weight I was still slender. Still am. The pressure to be thin has always been with me. It was a different generation. Didn't help I had an older bullying sister who was envious of my looks - she was fat all her days but it was due to her overeating. I was more insecure about my loveliness than my body. I think in many ways, many of us will always have some insecurities that were put there by others and they will never go away though we try. It's called the journey of life for me.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: the in between girls ... not plus but not skinny . Celebrating where we are now

Most men still prefer that curvy, MM body. As a society we have gone overboard in the obcession to be really thin; there can be consequences to all this healthwise, especally if one gets quite ill. I just heard a Dr. say he had just lost a patient in an emergency surgery, not because the surgery wasn't successful but because she was just too thin. I can see how that could happen so I would think we maintain a weight that is healthy for the individual and not be obcessed at what the model and fashion industry pushes as your correct weight.. I have personally found that if I eat the proper food and calories for my height and bone structure, the only time I have serious weight gain is when I must be on certain meds. They can really do you in!

Respected Contributor

" Joan Rivers , Lisa R. A and too many of us grew up ashamed because no matter how slim we get is never good enough."

And you know this how? (I highly doubt the OP will answer any questions or make another comment, but I thought I'd ask where she got that information from.)

Super Contributor

There seems to be two opposite trains of thought these days. On one hand, there's the you can't be thin enough crowd and on the other hand overweight "curvy" women are told to accept themselves as they are and not worry about it. I find that interesting. Seems like more women are resisting the pressure to be thin than are thin. As for me, I could afford to lose 10 pounds, but all the clothes I love are tailored to me and fit perfectly, so I'm not going to!
Esteemed Contributor

I went to the site and saw the female featured. She's overweight which is unhealthy. Wearing tight fitting clothes isn't helping her to look healthy. I understand that some females are larger boned with larger muscle mass, etc., but that gal is just overweight. As far as what men like, they are all unique but still prefer slender women - even if it's just in their fantasies.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

I think that young woman looks fantastic, healthy, beautiful hair and skin, and great sense of style.

My favorite Q model is the statuesque, voluptuous Jackie.

Me--I'm a 5'9" size 10, just for the record.

Frequent Contributor

On 1/12/2014 evelyner said:

I went on that website, and saw the girl with the shorts and hose, Ok, I don't think she is an in between, she's is big. What do you think?

I agree with you, I think she is big, certainly not in-between. Her skinny jeans look way too tight to me and the outfit with the shorts and the "Bite Me" shirt, is not a good look. A great idea for a blog but not for her. Not a blog I would follow.

Super Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Love Roses said:

I went to the site and saw the female featured. She's overweight which is unhealthy. Wearing tight fitting clothes isn't helping her to look healthy. I understand that some females are larger boned with larger muscle mass, etc., but that gal is just overweight. As far as what men like, they are all unique but still prefer slender women - even if it's just in their fantasies.

I agree that she is overweight but think she owns that fact, hence the name of the blog. She certainly is not obese. As for what men like, well, they are all different but I think the ideal resembles the curvy girls in some magazines (playboy, etc....)---slim with "curves in all the right placesSmiley Wink. For some reason we have started to use curvy instead of overweight but I don't think they are synonymous.
Valued Contributor

On 1/13/2014 Debbie1426 said:
On 1/13/2014 Love Roses said:

I agree that she is overweight but think she owns that fact, hence the name of the blog. She certainly is not obese. As for what men like, well, they are all different but I think the ideal resembles the curvy girls in some magazines (playboy, etc....)---slim with "curves in all the right placesSmiley Wink. For some reason we have started to use curvy instead of overweight but I don't think they are synonymous.

I've often wondered when and why curvy has seemingly become synonymous with overweight.

Contributor

My opinion is that she is beautiful and not obese or skinny . I, love reading her blog. She has great tips on how to dress . At my age some is way too young , however it is nice to see a different point of view . Not all women feel the need to apologize for not being what the media calls beautiful.