Honored Contributor

stop ruining all the tops and blouses with bell flappy sleeves

[ Edited ]

Hating  the trendy tacky bell sleeves all the vendors are pushing on us.  They take a nice looking top and ruin it. Just stop please. 

No more cold shoulder tops either!  The other day Evine had a COLD ELBOW TOP......

PLEEZZZZ!!!!!!!!

What will be next? A cold breast top?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: stop ruining all the tops and blouses with bell flappy sleeves

I totally agree.  There are several tops and dresses I saw that I would have purchased had they not had the bell sleeves or the cold shoulders.  Both styles just look dumb to me.  To each their own I guess. Saves me the trouble of deciding if it is just an instant "no" due to those style details.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

There are tons of tops and dresses on .com that don't have bell sleeves.  Right now bell sleeves are huge so that is what QVC is going to show on air.  You know how they and the other shopping channels like to beat a trend into the ground.

I'm not seeing so much cold-shoulder being shown.  Now it's a lot of cut out details which I'm not a big fan of.  There are lots of fashions I don't like.  I just don't buy them.  I shop for what I like and I have no problem finding items without bell sleeves and without cold-shoulder.  

Honored Contributor

There are tons of things to choose from. I don't try to control what other people are allowed to buy...I have no problems at all, finding classic clothing

Valued Contributor

I agree.  I also wonder how you would wear a coat or jacket over some of the really exagerated sleeves. 

Honored Contributor

While I agree that I don't care for those styles either, there must be enough people buying them, otherwise, we wouldn't see them shown so much.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I had cold-elbow tops when I was a kid, and the sleeves of my tops wore out at the elbow . .  .

Seriously, though, I agree about the flappy sleeves.  I have put more than one sweater/top/blouse back on the rack after I saw the sleeves . . . 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

My "requirements" for tops crosses out the vast majority of what QVC is selling these days.

But ... there are lots of other places to shop ... I'm doing just fine.

Respected Contributor

I notice the peplum tops still being pushed also....I can't stand them on me LOL!  

Honored Contributor

I tried one cause I thought why not. Well my reaction was hell no, and back it went. They are just not for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan