Honored Contributor

I like that dress, but to long for me.....I prefer a midi length.

I see the slits on the sides are short, which is good.  I have a couple of dresses with longer/taller side slits and I just don't like them...they seem to flap with I walk.

Honored Contributor

I always wear sleeves of some kind in the summer, or I layer.   The air conditioning in the car, or a restaurant or church freezes me to death.

I'm in the south.

Honored Contributor

So of the 140 maxi dresses on this site you all found the , maybe 10 that had sleeves. Which proves my point - 90% are sleeveless.

Respected Contributor

A short sleeved crochet shrug would be no hotter than a dress with sleeves.  There is a lot of choice out there for those who don't want sleeveless.  

Trusted Contributor

I do love a great sleeveles dress.  Some of the ones with sleves posted in this thread are nice. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949wrote:

So of the 140 maxi dresses on this site you all found the , maybe 10 that had sleeves. Which proves my point - 90% are sleeveless.

Lolokimona didn't post all of the dresses.  The ratio is about 65%.  Did you look at the entire site?  There's a lot.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I hate wearing dresses in the hot weather.  my thighs stick together and the dress wraps around my legs...it’s too hot to wear a slip underneath and a lot of dresses are see thru in the day time.

Honored Contributor

I just don't get the whole maxi dress thing for summer.  Many want sleeves and say a thin shrug is too hot but want sleeves and all that material going to the ground is not?  I would be so hot with all that material covering most of my body!! 

Respected Contributor

I love sleeveless dresses and tops in the summer.

I don't care for maxi dresses generally. They are too hot for summer, and there is just too much fabric that always seems to get in my way. I would much rather wear shorts or knee-length skirt and a tank top or tank dress.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu