Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MARCH 23)

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ladies!  It is a lovely day here in southern Arizona -- should make it into the 80's and sunny.  They are predicting highs in the 60's next week, but I guess that is better than cold or snow.  Hope the weather is okay where you are.  

I'm back from my "strong bones" class, and I'm headed to lunch with a couple of other volunteers from the senior lunch program soon.  That should be nice.

I had another blow yesterday -- the caregiver who has taken wonderful care of DH for more than two years is retiring at the end of next week.  Really sad to see her go -- just a great person.  She is moving north to live with one of her daughters and take care of her grandchildren.

The last visit of the hospice nurse yesterday was good, and she was touched by her card and little gifts.  The new hospice nurse seems nice, and we plan to stick to our current schedule of Thursday afternoon visits.  

There is a new lady in DH's "house" -- in her 90's, but in good shape.  I haven't had a chance to talk to her, but the caregiver told me she is very nice.  Meanwhile, another lady there was taken away to the psychiatric ward again yesterday.  Her poor husband looked so sad.  She had refused to take her medication for a couple of days, and had a "total meltdown" according to her husband.  She had to be restrained, and was involuntarily committed.  Just awful.

Hope everyone is having a good day, and Jean is loving London.  Please post if you have a chance,

Hugs,

Linda.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, MARCH 23)

I just lost my post, but it has been a busy week.  I am having my PT 2x a week & doing pretty good.

My DH had a difficult extraction yesterday & we had a rough time getting the bleeding to stop.

CERB, my only crown will be platinum with diamonds!

Our 17 year old dgs had an appointment with his surgeon on Wednesday.  He was told to do light running every day starting in January.  When he runs his leg hurts & when he stops running the pain goes away.   The tibia is healed but the plate must be rubbing on the fat pad.  He got a cortisone shot to see what happens.  Between the PT & surgeon, they think that he will have to have the plate removed.    He is very thin & everything is rubbing.  Ugh.  This news saddens all of us.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L. Such sad news about the different caretakers leaving.  I think that turnover in this field is common.

I had to answer the phone. My UW-Clinic just called me back from my Monday's call to them.  My handicapped license expires in May &_ my neurologist has to fill out my form.  They thought that they had the form, but can't find them, so I am mailing mine to them..

Last Wednesday we celebrated our anniversary with our favorite polka band.  OnThursday one of of our older friends fell in the bath tub & died on Saturday.  He was 92 & had a very popular polka band & played in our hometown for over 40 years.  His funeral was yesterday.  He & his wife were such a delight to all of us.

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte I'm sorry to read that your beloved's caregiver is retiring at the end of next week.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70  Twinny I'm kind of concerned that they told your grandson to run with a new plate in his leg.  Maybe they are trying to stimulate bone growth but geez louise.  Perhaps walking might be a better choice until the poor child's leg mends.  Walking is better than sitting still and has to be less stressful on his leg.

Honored Contributor

It's been a busy workweek for me.  The only shopping I've done so far is to renew my Webroot security suite (covers up to 5 computers I think) for 3 1/2 years.  It's like Webroot gives you a bonus 6 months.  Costs $180 which I don't think it too bad to cover my computer and my sister's computer.  The level of coverage I buy has some other utilities in it.  Best of all I don't have to think about it for another 42 months, lol.

Today I drove over to the local Pet Supplies plus - thought I would throw business their way for bird supplies.  They didn't have Grayson's Hagen pigeon and dove food and their finch food was twice the price I pay online with Dr. Foster's and Smith over there in Wisconsin.

So I ordered Grayson's food from Amazon today.  I have finch food in the house and will place an order with Drs Foster and Smith once the Quiko egg food (treat) comes back in stock.

Woo-hoo Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@twinny70  Twinny I'm kind of concerned that they told your grandson to run with a new plate in his leg.  Maybe they are trying to stimulate bone growth but geez louise.  Perhaps walking might be a better choice until the poor child's leg mends.  Walking is better than sitting still and has to be less stressful on his leg.

Bird Mama, our dgs is 5' 7" & was told that his growing day's are done.  The thing is  he has no restrictions.  Our dd is concerned as are the rest of us.  I will be asking our ds a few things when I speak to him tomorrow night.

Our weather has been very nice.  We might get a little snow tomorrow & then a couple of rainy days next week.  I'll take snow any day  of the week.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70  I wasn't suggesting he was going to get taller.  I thought maybe the doctor advised him to run as a method to stimulate bone production, I think they call it osteoblasts or something like that - to speed up healing around his injury.  Then again, what do I know, lol.

I hope they find a solution for him.  He's too young to be having bone pain like that - he's just a baby (in my mind).

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mamawrote:

@twinny70  I wasn't suggesting he was going to get taller.  I thought maybe the doctor advised him to run as a method to stimulate bone production, I think they call it osteoblasts or something like that - to speed up healing around his injury.  Then again, what do I know, lol.

I hope they find a solution for him.  He's too young to be having bone pain like that - he's just a baby (in my mind).

What do I know . Sometimes I read between the lines.  lol.