Super Contributor

@jackthebear  I find it really annoying that someone would ask "is it available" - if it's for sale in someone's closet, then why on earth wouldn't it be.  If something sells it is marked as sold.  When I get asked this my a potential buyer I honestly wonder if they are scammers.

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@jackthebear  I find it really annoying that someone would ask "is it available" - if it's for sale in someone's closet, then why on earth wouldn't it be.  If something sells it is marked as sold.  When I get asked this my a potential buyer I honestly wonder if they are scammers.

because there are many sellers who list one item and never go back or are intermittent at visiting their closet.

if a buyer buys at ask and the seller never ships the buyer's money is tied up until they can cancel which can be 7-10 days.

which give the site a bad reputation 

doesn't bother me , I know I have a live buyer and respond asap and send offers 

Esteemed Contributor

Not giving all pertinent info/measurements = lazy seller. 

And then there are the lazy sellers (many ebayers) who state nothing more than "pre-owned". Does that mean it was purchased and never worn (oh if I had a dollar for every brand new item with tags I have donated to charity!) or does it mean it was worn and washed repeatedly and doesn't look anywhere near pristine?

Super Contributor
I agree. It doesn’t take that much time to
List basic elements. One recent listing I looked at ha only one picture and two describing words - medium and cute. Needless to say I passed quickly on that item. I do believe it is a lark for a few sellers and serious business for others. I am sure the latter group give very detailed descriptions. When I checked another item in the about the seller listing this seller had not been active for two years but still had a couple of garments forcsale🤭