Super Contributor

I don't understand why the listings for particular items are so vague - very few give measurements only the size like M and nothing else.  You have to email them for lengths, bust measurements , hips etc.  It can take them forever to get back to you and some never do.  Thanks why I have been sticking to buying just a few pieces of jewelry lately.  I thinkk they are losing customers this way.  I am in the market for new clothes as I have lost some weight and don't need or want to spend alot of money at this time.  At least, on the positive side, i am saving money!!

Honored Contributor

@gellen Congrats on the weight loss!

Super Contributor

@gellen Maybe you don't understand how Poshmark works ... but individual people post their items on the site for sale and choose what information they want to post for the items.  I'm not going to measure all the elements of a clothing item i'm posting online, it would take FOREVER.  Good sellers will get back to you with measurements when requested.

Honored Contributor

I always post measurements so there's less likely a chance for buyer's remorse. I rarely buy from anyone who doesn't post details unless it's a brand I've very familiar.  If I have to email, I pass. 

Honored Contributor

I sell on Posh and add measurements for everything. 

any seller that doesn't have them listed will add quickly if you ask, if they don't' I forget them as a seller.

there are millions of good sellers so keep looking.  its a good idea to ask as well "still available" to be sure the seller is still active 

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I always post measurements so there's less likely a chance for buyer's remorse. I rarely buy from anyone who doesn't post details unless it's a brand I've very familiar.  If I have to email, I pass. 

i ask but some can't be bothered to get back,  

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

any seller that doesn't have them listed will add quickly if you ask, if they don't' I forget them as a seller.

there are millions of good sellers so keep looking.  its a good idea to ask as well "still available" to be sure the seller is still active 

I've been thinking of selling on Posh...wondering (and this may seem like a dumb question) but how do you measure?? ex: is "chest" just by taking measurement across bra line of garment?...and do you then double that and give that measurement?

I get confused even on how to figure out my own measurements sometimes with the measurements given on Q. Not the obvious ones like pant leg or bust size...but some of the others. Any tips?? TIA

Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

I've been thinking of selling on Posh...wondering (and this may seem like a dumb question) but how do you measure?? ex: is "chest" just by taking measurement across bra line of garment?...and do you then double that and give that measurement?

I get confused even on how to figure out my own measurements sometimes with the measurements given on Q. Not the obvious ones like pant leg or bust size...but some of the others. Any tips?? TIA

Most measure pit to pit not elegant but the measurements at underarm taken flat 

And not doubled 

I do chest at armpit and

inches long taken center back 

Honored Contributor

A good seller provides as much information as possible.

I sell on Ebay and read some of their sales suggestions.  Ebay says to post as much information and as many pics as possible.  If you don't provide it at the beginning, chances are you will be passed up as the buyer will move on to the next seller.

Respected Contributor

I really like Poshmark and esp the deals. If someone doesn't respond I move on but most of them do.