Super Contributor

I posted last week about a denim jumper I had ordered and received it yesterday. I decided I am not a jumper person but it is cut high in the under arms and neckline so it makes a really cute denim dress. I plan to wear a button shirt or jacket over it for upper arm coverage. I am super impressed with the fabric, workmanship and speed of delivery. This was my first purchase from National but won't be my last.

Trusted Contributor
Glad it worked out for you! It's always a big chance ordering online from a company for the first time. How was the sizing? Can you not fit a shirt under it, or is it just your preference to wear something over it?
I ordered a catalog from them after your post. Very curious to receive it.
Super Contributor

Re: re denim jumper

[ Edited ]

@Steffdoggy10  there was plenty of room for tee under it....i just decided i wasn't into that look for myself. size wise i wear an 18 in dept stores and ordered the extra large. I could have gone up a size perhaps for a looser fit thru the hips but the xl works fine as a dress. I think the bodice would have been too large had I sized up...just my body shape

Honored Contributor

I'm happy it will work out for you.  I like your dress idea better than wearing it as a jumper.  

Trusted Contributor

I was hasty and said it would look dated.  I am glad it worked out for you with your idea to wear a shirt or jacket over it.  Is the bottom button far enough down on the front to keep it modest?

Esteemed Contributor

@redbird wrote:

I posted last week about a denim jumper I had ordered and received it yesterday. I decided I am not a jumper person but it is cut high in the under arms and neckline so it makes a really cute denim dress. I plan to wear a button shirt or jacket over it for upper arm coverage. I am super impressed with the fabric, workmanship and speed of delivery. This was my first purchase from National but won't be my last.

@redbird 

Good idea!  I think that a denim dress looks more current and up to date than a denim jumper.  Enjoy your new outfit.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor
Redbird, Thanks for the sizing info!