Esteemed Contributor

Re: just when you think "cold shoulder" will go away----

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Most of them look like someone took a giant hole puncher to the shoulder.  Really weird and unattractive look to me.

Even weirder looking was an outerwear jacket I saw on a host awhile back with those big punch holes cut out.  Outerwear. Guess that would make for a genuine cold shoulder.

Nice joke, KLWT!

Respected Contributor

I like them on other people, but I feel I look ridiculous in them. It makes me feel very self-conscious for some reason, probably because it doesn't fit my personal style. My sister wears them, and I think she looks great.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Esteemed Contributor

Jane usually looks lovely, but Thursday night was a fail. Oversized cut out cold shoulder AND Obi belt? Just no.

Honored Contributor

It's a trend and I hope it goes away real soon.

Respected Contributor

Why does it have to go away? 

If you don't like it, don't buy it.  There are a lot of looks I don't like or don't look good on me for whatever reason.  I don't wish they would go away...

Super Contributor

I dislike it very much, will not own any.  The stupidest ones to me are sweaters like that. Wth.  

Esteemed Contributor

Own two but they are highly decorated and I wear on the dance floor for dancing. 

Honored Contributor

I like them - but not all styles - and have several.  I find that the ones that have just the tops of the shoulder out and are boxy usually don't look that great on some - especially on me.  I like a more exposed cold shoulder.  I have broad shoulders and am muscular so I feel too confined in the ones that have smaller openings.  I think it depends on body type, etc.

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Why does it have to go away? 

If you don't like it, don't buy it.  There are a lot of looks I don't like or don't look good on me for whatever reason.  I don't wish they would go away...

@Bri36

i completely agree. just because i may not wear something doesnt mean i want to see it go away or become unavailable. it doesnt bother me that others may love the style and continue to wear it.

i also say the same thing when people in the tv forums say a tv show should go away. so many choices, no need to watch that particular show......obviously others ARE watching or it would not stay on the air.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Cold-shoulder isn't a trend.  It's just being brought out to the forefront more lately.  But the look has been around forever.

I didn't see Jane so I have no idea what she had on.  I've said before there are some cold-shoulder and split sleeve items I like, some I don't. 

The Susan Graver TSV in April is a cold-shoulder dress.  Smiley Happy