Honored Contributor

Re: early pictures of Royal Family going to Christmas services

No kidding.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@ms traditionalI've seen you refer to Philip's "heath scare" now in a couple of threads. I think that isnt really accurate. As we have posted, it was a prearranged appointment concerning a preexisting condition.I think a preexisting condition that required tests and observation is hardly a "scare." He was released to go home for Christmas so money of what they did or found in the hospital required him to stay.

I know a LOT of preexisting conditions that require tests and observation that are absolutely positively a scare.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  i guess when a 98 year old needs to be put and kept in hospital for a number of days  it's concerning and  scary to me.  especially when helicoptering is involved..  we don't really know what's going on, but  i doubt i would want to schedule something routine for a few days before a big family Christmas always covered by media.  i myself had said here that i doubted the Queen would leave London if something awful were afoot.  but there are always risks at that age and certainly there are the risks of being in hospital, period.  so i would worry - and we don't even know the pre-existing condition that is involved here.  gratefully he is back with family.  so perhaps just "scary," then?

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE I have a feeling that perhaps the people in the crowd are locals and workers who live on the estate and are known.  I don't think it's a cattle call. 

@Sooner  Anyone can see the royals. Here's a blog someone wrote from last year on what it's like to wait in line for a glimpse of the family .....

Anyone can line up to see the queen, her children and some of her grandchildren as they attend church on Christmas Day — and last year my mom and I braved the cold to spot all of them, including Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, as well as Prince William and Catherine (also known as Kate), the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/23/how-to-meet--british-royal-family-christmas-at-sandringham.html

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Kate wore a custom Catherine Walker design incorporating the bodice, belt, and sleeves of the ‘Larissa’ style. Crafted of a “luxurious, mocha mohair and faux fur,” the design “lends a distinctly wintry Russian aesthetic to this beautiful tailored coatdress.” Kate’s design dispensed with the faux fur skirt instead using the mohair fabric for the body of the coat. 

Beneath the coat, Kate brought back the Michael Kors ‘Peacock’ dress. 

The Duchess in a Sylvia Fletcher for Lock & Co. hat that was also worn St. Patrick’s Day 2017 and on Christmas Day 2015.

Josie heels in ‘greenery’ suede. It is a classic point-toe style with a 3″ block heel.

Kiki McDonough green amethyst and diamond earrings.

Respected Contributor

shine shine shine!  the Queen took the spotlight today - although Charlotte is a rising star!

The Queen is attending without the Duke of Edinburgh today

Respected Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

shine shine shine!  the Queen took the spotlight today - although Charlotte is a rising star!

The Queen is attending without the Duke of Edinburgh today

@ms traditional  That's a beautiful picture of the Queen. I think this outfit is one of her best. And I love that brooch!!

Honored Contributor

I love the   way Kate coordinates their clothing. Charlotte's coat is the exact same teal green, as her hat and purse...She is such a darling little girl, I saw her hug a lady in a wheel chair. She is such a confident  child...

Honored Contributor

I like Kate's coat but not the mocha color on her which washes her out a bit.

Love the Quee 's red outfit except the shape of her hat is even more "Mad Hatter" shape than usual and although she can pull off that shape I dont care for it. Love the brooch esp against the red.