Super Contributor

Zulily shipping...so slow...anyone else??? Changes after you order....

I placed my first order with Zulily a couple of months ago; it took WEEKS to get my item. The shipping date was supposed to be 7-10 days from time of order. I actually called them after about three weeks; they explained the item was out of stock and was being sent in to them. I could have cancelled, but I decided to wait since I really wanted the item. I think it finally arrived after about five weeks total.

Well, I placed my second order with them last week...Jan. 2. When I ordered, it said the item would be shipped in 5-7 days. Now everytime I check the order status, it says the shipping date is expected to be Jan. 20...that's 18 days since the order.

If this is their trend, I will not order from them again. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't mind waiting for things, but don't advertise that something will be shipped in a certain time frame if you can't deliver. 7-10 days turned into well over 30. Now it looks like 5-7 days will turn into at least 18 just to ship it...not counting the days it will take to get to me.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Zulily shipping...so slow...anyone else??? Changes after you order....

I am avoiding even looking at their site right now. Slow shipping and the items I have received weren't anything special. Some items were cancelled and refunded, but this was after the order was in for about 3 weeks.
Valued Contributor

I also placed an order and it seemed like forever for it to arrive. I think it took about 3 weeks to receive it. The deal was so good however, that the time frame didn't bother me.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Contributor

I ordered thru them once-took forever,won't be ordering there again. My granddaughters like Justice and they also have very slow shipping!

Honored Contributor

Zulilly has slow shipping because they do not keep items in stock. After you place your order, they order in bulk from the vendor. When they receive the bulk order, they send it to you.

I waited 3 weeks for a shower curtain that I paid $39 for with free shipping. It was $90 everywhere else plus S&H.

If it's something I don't need ASAP and the price is right, I don't mind waiting for it.

Honored Contributor

I've ordered a ton from them and don't mind waiting for my orders. Anticipation is part of the fun. Every so often, they do not receive the merchandise and cancel your order. Now that tees me off, especially after I've waited awhile. They do usually issue a $10 credit to my account.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Placed an order knowing it would be several weeks, after 3-4 weeks it was cancelled. I was so disappointed I will not be ordering from them again.
Contributor

Waited three weeks and they cancelled. Won't try again. Friend waited four MONTHS once. She had forgotten all about it. She won't shop there anymore, she said.
Honored Contributor

Yes, they are extremely slow. And the fact that you can't return anything. They need to make some changes. I haven't looked on their site for awhile because I would see all this great stuff for really good prices and then I'd think -- well, what if I don't like it after I get it, or what if the size isn't right? So, I've only ordered a couple of times. These 2 negatives are very unappealing to me.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have NEVER had a Zulilly order arrive less than 4 weeks from the time of purchase. No matter what est time they offer. I have ordered items 'guaranteed in time for .......(holiday)" and the items do arrive in time but usually 24 hours before the guarantee date and 4-6 weeks AFTER the order was placed.

I have had co-workers who waited months. Rule of thumb, do NOT order from Zulilly if you need the item in a particular time frame.