Trusted Contributor

Your opinions on Q's new Spring fashions this weekend?

I had no idea that printed wide leg pants are in style this year. When I looked at the new items, every designer has one.
I like the TSV dress in blue, but wish the sleeves were short instead of long. I know that can be pushed up, it just seems strange to wear anything long sleeve in the Summer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Your opinions on Q's new Spring fashions this weekend?

If you follow fashion even slightly, you know that wide leg print pants are "in style".  All the fashion columnists and "experts" have been showing them for months.  Of course, that doesn't mean we have to wear them if we don't want to.  For me, it's a option for the D&Co Beach pants I bought last spring.  I only wore them as casual lounge pants but this summer I might dress them up a little and them out.  But I won't be buying any new ones this year.

Trusted Contributor

So admittedly I don't buy clothing here. So I took a look at the Kim Gravel dress this morning. It's a dated look imo but maybe good for something to throw on on vacay. I see an overly large print and uninteresting prints. A dress with one seam and a shrug I can buy anywhere. That's just my own opinion. I realize there's lots of people that this TSV will appeal to. If you are really small or in great shape you can wear something like this dress and still look good. But imo dresses like this with no shape and structure, not to mention the print, won't flatter the majority of figures.
But I do hope that everyone that likes it and buys it loves theirs.
I can see it would be a good dress to walk around in at a spring 🌼 festival or a night out at a restaurant in vacay.
Wear in good health!
Honored Contributor

Yes, wide leg printed pants are very "in."  But wear what you like, as always.  I already have some beach pants, plus also some dressier wide leg printed pants from a few years ago that are gorgeous.  

Floral printed summer tops are very in style as well.  But that's not my style to wear, so I always pass on those.  I don't like the big prints on tops on me.  I have a couple of printed tops by Marla Wynne, who has a very restrained hand when it comes to prints (thank goodness for me). 

Honored Contributor

Wide legs take my back to the 60s and 70s bellbottoms. I didn't even weigh 100 pounds then and could wear anything. Now, not so much. After kids, gaining and losing 80 pounds, and aging, I would not wear wide leg pants.

IMO, wide legs look good on tall, thin people. They make people who are short or have anything other than a perfect body look wide.

Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart   I agree.  Although I am at the same weight for the past 40 years, I am just too short for the wide leg fashion. They make me look even shorter...plus there is the "tripping" issue.  The big bold prints look great on taller people...but I prefer the solids.  Guess I'm just a simple style petson.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I love the wide legs and flare legs.  

Honored Contributor

WOW - so much to say about the new spring/summer items here. The first thing I notice is BIG PRINTS BIG PRICES.

I do this in BIG print because this is all I seem to see here so far. 

I don't understand why there are so many items in beach pants, long dresses, big shirts in buttondown, tees, sweaters, with vendors choosing big, huge flowers, brush strokes, prints in general that are HUGE. I'd venture to say that many women do not enjoy seeing nor wearing prints that are bigger and so overwhelming than we are in body stature. Renee Greenstein and Kim Gravel are famous for these.

They all have huge price tags to go with - one for instance was that white buttondown shirt by Mizrahi, it's a white blouse that comes down to your knees with an ENORMOUS rose stem on the front for $99.00!!!!  I saw this shirt, then I saw the price tag - holy rose thorns Batman - who is going to buy this one??? What possessed IM to make something like is, is beyond me. Will anybody buy it? I do not know but I can say, huge prints like this and many others here won't wear these. Folks here complain about these overwhelming prints.

My bottom line - I'm not liking most of what I see here for the new season coming. And I am certainly not spending $70, 80, 90+ dollars for these things.  I've picked up a few tops either as is or on clearance for very reasonable prices, that's it. I don't need anything but I refresh (mostly) white tops and soft colors.

Honored Contributor

@Midmod   This tsv I'm leaving on the rack today, big prints are a no for me. I bought a lot of midi styles in the last two years, I don't need anymore - or wait except one in shades of blues that I really like from a show yesterday. This dress would be a dress from ZUDA for  $36.00, Vneck, sleeves that are a little more than a cap sleeve. I think this dress is really cute in the shades of blues. Can't wait to get it, a great summer dress to hang in, go out in.

Trusted Contributor

PinkdogWood, I was also shocked at Isaacs big shirt with the huge floral design!!! Talk about a statement piece lol