Trusted Contributor

Either casual or dressy. What are they and why. Please give your regular pants size for those of us who’d like to check them out.

For travel, mine are the Lands End starfish slim leg pant. I’m 5’1”, but got the regular length in small ( I usually wear an 8 or 10 in petite. They are a thick knit, very comfy for traveling. Only drawback is no pockets. 

Your turn . . .

Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite black pants?

Impossible for me to select just one favorite.  It all depends on where I'm going, what shoes I'm wearing and what top I'm wearing.

I have dozens of pairs of black pants.

My favorite is usually the one I'm wearing at the time ...

Honored Contributor

My favorite are Rafella which come in curvy or regular.  The ankle doesn't narrow so it doesn't accent your hips.  I wear size 10.

They have a narrow leg as well as a pull up style.Smiley Happy

Curvy Fit Dress Pant

Curvy Fit Dress Pant

Honored Contributor

I might not have purchased them yet. I have my eye on a clearance pr of slacks.  They are  a tiny  check (B&W),with a wee dot in the center, the edge of the pants has  a binding in black. The ankle has a small slit with a black bow on top.They are dressy

If I get them ,they might be a favorite ,or maybe not.  I tend to like what I am wearing at the moment, also

Respected Contributor

My favorite black pants are Women With Control Boot Cut Pants. they are so comfortable.  Probably the most comfortable pair of patns I own.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I owned many styles of Investments from Dillard's but when I retired gave most away. When I was buying them they were $30/pair. I washed in cold and hung to dryer. Still my favorite for Capri. I wear 12 medium for flats and 12 long for heels. 

Respected Contributor

Lisa Rinna’s California Crepe’s in size small.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I owned many styles of Investments from Dillard's but when I retired gave most away. When I was buying them they were $30/pair. I washed in cold and hung to dryer. Still my favorite for Capri. I wear 12 medium for flats and 12 long for heels. 

@OKPrincess,When I was a stylist for Dillards in 2010, the Investment pant was a nice poly blend with a waist band , zipper, and hook.  Several years after that, they went to a narrow poly pull up that I couldn't wear. 

What style did you like?

Regular Contributor

AE3CC775-31B1-4FC0-8FE1-A58887A94AB4.jpegTalbots Ponte Jeggings. They’re insanely comfortable, wash easily, and wear well. The black color is great for dressier occasions and the gray looks stylish for casual everyday. (I always buy on sale.)  They were 50% before Christmas and will eventually be again. I’m 5’ feet 4” and buy a Misses 10. Since the jeggings are close fitting, I usually tumble on very low heat or hang them to dry to avoid shrinkage. Talbots also sells a similar jegging in denim.

Honored Contributor

I had/have two favorites: zipper in side no waist and 2" band pull up. If you catch sales I could get for $10-15/pair. I liked the black, navy, and charcoal. I've had them all over 30 years. When I started gaining a little weight I stopped buying zipper in front narrow band. Poly/rayon/spandex blend. I love some of their tops too. I just love Investments.. the pull ups I have are not narrow; otherwise be hard for me to wear too.