Super Contributor

Re: You might be surprised where I got some lovely summer fashions...

Thanks lola! Do you have a Mac or a PC? I can do things on my PC from work that I can't do on my Mac at home. In any case, thank you!

ETA: I'm going to be teaching summer school this year, but I can wear those tops with a cardi over them. I have lots of cardigans, but for that price, I decided to add a couple more.

Honored Contributor

Very nice choices!! I'd be in Walmart every other day if I had one nearby. It's quite a long ride (about an hour) on busy freeways, so I'm there once a year or so. Would love to see a new one around here. Same with Kmart, less mileage away, though........about a 30 min. ride at higher speeds on fast-moving freeways. So, that's a yearly visit, too. I don't like stressful driving..........{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

On 4/3/2014 ROMARY said:

Very nice choices!! I'd be in Walmart every other day if I had one nearby. It's quite a long ride (about an hour) on busy freeways, so I'm there once a year or so. Would love to see a new one around here. Same with Kmart, less mileage away, though........about a 30 min. ride at higher speeds on fast-moving freeways. So, that's a yearly visit, too. I don't like stressful driving..........{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I ordered it all online. We have three huge Walmart stores all within 5 or 6 miles of my house… one I can walk to, but they have a very poor selection of styles and sizes in the store.

Honored Contributor

Hey, what a great idea! I'll take a look. It's just that my yearly visit is so enjoyable for me....just roaming around, looking at 'this and that'..........I believe Walmart will be offering Made in USA items again. I recall, many years ago, seeing round racks and racks of clothing with signs on top of each round rack stating "Proudly Made in USA". Well, step by step, hopefully other stores will follow with USA items. Makes me happy.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

I was looking for a plain white tank top to wear under an open-weave sweater. I don't shop at Target, but was right there and had to find a ladies' room {#emotions_dlg.blush} (which is conveniently located by the front door of Target and is clean) so, since I was there anyway I looked around. They wanted $10 for a plain white tank; I went to Walmart for my regular shopping and found one that was of the same quality for $3.88. I agree - they have a lot of cute things sometimes, although not every store carries everything. I've got six Walmarts within 10 miles of my home, so I try to rotate the ones I go to because of the varying selections.

Their PJs and nightgowns (which I prefer for summer) are great - I have yet to wear a pair out; I always end up getting tired of them and donating them. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

One of my professors when I was in undergraduate school worked for a company that manufactures clothing. He was telling us that the same factories will often make things for (as an example) Macy's and Walmart - they just change the labels.

Honored Contributor

A friend of mine just bought some super cute blouses and pants .......... at K-Mart!!

Super Contributor

I bought a simple black sleeveless maxi dress at K-Mart probably at least five years ago, I've worn it to death and it's still in good shape, think it was $16.
Super Contributor

Congrats, House cat! Great haul, you'll be a cutie in those clothes for summer school.

{#emotions_dlg.tt1} {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

On 4/3/2014 house cat said:

Thanks lola! Do you have a Mac or a PC? I can do things on my PC from work that I can't do on my Mac at home. In any case, thank you!

I have a PC and BF has a Mac. What I did was open your link, copy/paste the "name" of the title, and on the very FIRST page, where the colors are available, I copied/pasted from there. Once you click on the item that video zoom pops up and you can no longer copy.

Respected Contributor

I knew what you were going to post before I even opened it lol!

I browse thru the clothing dept once in a while when I cut threw..I never see anything interesting.