Esteemed Contributor

Re: You might be surprised where I got some lovely summer fashions...

I bought all my summer tops at kohls.com & JCP this year. With sales, coupons & discounts I cleaned up. I love Sonoma tees from Kohl's & Xersion from JCP.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

How does anyone try on new clothes in a store where they have been tried on by others if they are afraid of catching an ""unspeakable disease""?

Exactly! How does one go to a movie or restaurant for fear of catching an ""unspeakable disease""?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2014 adelle38 said:
On 4/6/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

How does anyone try on new clothes in a store where they have been tried on by others if they are afraid of catching an "unspeakable disease"?

Exactly! How does one go to a movie or restaurant for fear of catching an "unspeakable disease"?

Silly, isn't it? I don't get it either but some people are just germaphobes.
Super Contributor

I worked at a charity thrift store for awhile, handling the clothing department. I would price clothing that came in the door (not from the warehouse) and hang it and also go through bags of clothing that did come from the warehouse and sort and hang that. Nothing's hurt me yet. It seems people think all clothing donated but theirs is dirty/disgusting/diseased. Most clothing donated comes from regular, average, clean people helping out a charity. The majority of thrift stores aren't going to put out dirty, creepy clothes.