Respected Contributor

Re: Years Ago, Skirts Were Shown With Button down Shirts...

@Sooner  I agree, there will never be anything more classic than a crisp, white shirt/blouse.   I love them but then I don't like the long, flowing, multiple layers of clothes  - or as my husband calls it, the Maude look. 

(hope you are doing well, my friend). 

Honored Contributor

Always looked just fine to me.  Wore skirt-suits for years with button down shirts - for many years. 

And before that .... our high school uniform was a button down shirt, and a suit (jacket and skirt).

Just a tailored look - what we all wore to work (corporate) years ago.  More recently - pants replaced the skirts.

Respected Contributor

@ the Maude look! Hilarious!!!
Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

@Sooner  I agree, there will never be anything more classic than a crisp, white shirt/blouse.   I love them but then I don't like the long, flowing, multiple layers of clothes  - or as my husband calls it, the Maude look. 

(hope you are doing well, my friend). 

@minkbunny Wow are we on the same page here! I am not one for flappy clothes either.  But I love a white shirt on a good looking guy in real jeans!  LOL!!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

I think a white button up oxford style blouse looks better with a business suit (skirt or pants).  I don't care for it with this skirt as the skirt is more playful/whimsical.  

Of course, there are always exceptions.  For example, with the other pictures that were posted, some of them I didn't mind and a couple I didn't care for.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown