Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will Louis Vuitton be QVC's next vendor?

falling on floor laughing!
Honored Contributor

GoodStuff: true! Have you seen the photo of Paris Hilton recently? She's stepping out of a custom paint Bentley (pink) holding one of her handbags. Now....I can't even PHANTOM how much that custom uber lux car cost...let's say $500,000...and she's carrying one if her probably-made-in-China mid-high $ handbags? I know it was a photo-OP for her line, but it was an opposite of everything in that picture! Quite funny.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure why it's surprising that the hosts own items that did not come from QVC. By the same token, I would guess that they all own _some_ things from the Q (some more than others). I think saying that Q hosts don't carry Q brands or wear Q clothes is an overstatement. BTW, I looked at the photo and noticed that Lisa was wearing a LOGO cardigan with her LV bag . . .

Super Contributor

I hear the hosts talk a lot of the time about what they're seeing in the stores, when they shop.

Respected Contributor

When pigs fly............

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2014 magicmoodz said:

Never say never, ladies. Of course, it would be the G.I.L.I. version of a LV! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I rarely if ever read the comments following photos but as I scrolled down, this jumped out at me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lisa Robertson QVCHi Gena, I picked up this purse as a prototype of a good shape for a new cross body for GILI. The GILI version will be coming this year

Regular Contributor

On 2/10/2014 LipstickDiva said:
On 2/10/2014 magicmoodz said:

Never say never, ladies. Of course, it would be the G.I.L.I. version of a LV! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I rarely if ever read the comments following photos but as I scrolled down, this jumped out at me. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Lisa Robertson QVCHi Gena, I picked up this purse as a prototype of a good shape for a new cross body for GILI. The GILI version will be coming this year

I see. Thanks for posting. I only read a few replies on the picture. She bought the bag for research purposes. And when she sells it she'll no doubt say "WE" can't afford the real thing...

Super Contributor

If QVC started selling LV (lousy vinyl) it would not be the same bags sold a Saks or Neiman. It would be a much more cheaply made bag and probably would be a big disappointment to most customers. I used to sell LV at Saks and it does wear like iron-the satchel was disappointing because even LV told you to put a childs shoebox in it to use as an organizer. Yes, we did call them lousy vinyl, but not in front of the customer!

Valued Contributor

If my salary was half-a-million $$ per year as Lisa's ... I would also have the complete set of LV luggage!

Respected Contributor

I really don't care what Lisa wears or what she doesn't wear, but I do think she does like to show us (in her own subtle way) what she DOES have......I doubt she carries or wears GILI in her "real life".