Valued Contributor

Re: Wide leg culottes or cropped pants

They are the most unflattering things any woman can wear.  Not a good look on any body shape, but maybe not as bad on tall, slim women.  But then, anything would look good on them.

Most women (myself among them) look best in slim jeans IMO.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazy It's not necessary to humor me but I also think that telling people they look terrible in a particular style you don't like serves no purpose either?! This is a fashion thread but to be honest I do the pictures for my own edification! You get a clearer perspective of how something looks in a still shot then you do standing in front of the mirror. Not everything is a hit but it gives me some insight into what I need to do to improve a look in the future 

I like to think that I have a pretty good handle on what works for my particular shape

Super Contributor

I wish we could just have straight legs - no extremes, but wide leg pants (if the correct them length) look good but I still stand firm in my opinion that side leg crops are unflattering. I've never seen just Carolyn look so bad in anything else!

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

'Anyway', I'm looking forward to wearing some of my wide leg pants, coulottes, and somewhat cropped wide leg items. 

Sometimes it takes a thread to remind me about wearing 'this and that'.

Thank you!   Heart

I love wide leg pants especially in the summer. Can't wear shorts anymore. Well at least out in public. I am peitite and I love they way they look on Mel I purchased the Side Stitch wide leg crop pants in both colors. Of course they are full length on me but they look great and the comfort level is beyond ridiculousl. Also purchased the wide leg pants in side stitch and my goodness are they flattering and once again they are beyond comfortable. Both styles are perfect for summer. Light airy and breezie and they wash up fabulously dry and low and no wrinkles. The fabric is stunning and easy care and easy wear while still looking and feeling great. You don't always have to be tall to pull a look off. I do wear wedges or a low heel most of the time. With the SS crop I wear sandals or cool sneakers. Anyway don't knock it until you try it. You might be surprised. More times than not things I think won't look good on me actually do.

@Lucylu12I couldn't agree more.  I love them and have the same side stitch ones you are talking about.  I bought my first pair last summer and wore them all the time.  They are so light and soft.  Perfect for those hot summer days.  I just received the new style with the thick elastic in the darker wash and love those too.  They fit like a dream.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal  Can you concede that it's all in the styling?! That most garments can be styled in a flattering manner? 
DF219D83-D8DD-4B97-9A71-8DAA7735D1DE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  @Lucylu12 

I think QVC is guilty of perpetuating the whole wide leg/crop pants are unflattering with their version of styling! I saw the presentation and they didn't do the product any favors and certainly not the models wearing them. Not everyone will bother to see past those images unfortunately

Esteemed Contributor

It stands to reason that the fashion industry is in an all out push of wide leg pants.  After many years of slim to skinniest there was no way for the leg opening to go except out. Also, as with any trend there will be some shapes and heights which look better than others in it.  For those who don't like the wide leg look and feel they can't wear it, I have seen plenty of boot cut, straight/slim and even skinny pants and jeans in stores, catalogs, and magazines.

I love a lean straight leg opening and don't mind rocking skiny jeans, but I also find a pair of wide leg or palazzo pants to be very comfortable (and flattering for me).  Wide legs started coming back a couple years ago and I added a few to my wardrobe.  I don't consider myselfto be a must have it total trend fashionista type, but I do like browsing the freshest looks in the stores. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

'Anyway', I'm looking forward to wearing some of my wide leg pants, coulottes, and somewhat cropped wide leg items. 

Thank you!   Heart

I love wide leg pants especially in the summer. Can't wear shorts anymore. Well at least out in public. I am peitite and I love they way they look on Mel I purchased the Side Stitch wide leg crop pants in both colors. Of course they are full length on me but they look great and the comfort level is beyond ridiculousl. Also purchased the wide leg pants in side stitch and my goodness are they flattering and once again they are beyond comfortable. Both styles are perfect for summer. Light airy and breezie and they wash up fabulously dry and low and no wrinkles. The fabric is stunning and easy care and easy wear while still looking and feeling great. You don't always have to be tall to pull a look off. I do wear wedges or a low heel most of the time. With the SS crop I wear sandals or cool sneakers. Anyway don't knock it until you try it. You might be surprised. More times than not things I think won't look good on me actually do.

@Lucylu12I couldn't agree more.  I love them and have the same side stitch ones you are talking about.  I bought my first pair last summer and wore them all the time.  They are so light and soft.  Perfect for those hot summer days.  I just received the new style with the thick elastic in the darker wash and love those too.  They fit like a dream.  

I wish I would of purchased the crop last summer but I know they will be my go to this summer. I also purchased the new style in both the darker and lighter wash. I love both colors but I really love the lighter wash better in both the crop and the pants. I purchased both colors in the crop also. You should try the lighter wash.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

Thank you!   Heart

I wish I would of purchased the crop last summer but I know they will be my go to this summer. I also purchased the new style in both the darker and lighter wash. I love both colors but I really love the lighter wash better in both the crop and the pants. I purchased both colors in the crop also. You should try the lighter wash.

@Lucylu12I do have the light wash in the crop from last year.  It sold out in the new style in my size.  I plan on getting it if it comes back.