Contributor

Re: Why does QVC give Linea such Rotten hours?

Brava, ciley!
Super Contributor

I agree! Because of the hours, I have yet been able to purchase a "whole" outfit as my sizes are gone before his show hits the air. I wish Louis would find another venue besides the Q.
Super Contributor

On 6/27/2014 ciley said:
On 6/27/2014 chrystaltree said:

Probably because the fiercely Linea Ladies and Louis' people communicate privately and he gives advance notice of items that are coming to the Q and he gives out item numbers. So, they monitor everything online and scoop up the newest merchandise as soon as it appears online. By the time he actually has a show, only broken sizes are available. He doesn't have a big inventory at Q anyway, so it would be pointless for QVC to give him prime time exposure. Why have customers calling in for items that are practically sold out? There's thread somewhere here with item numbers for things that coming mid summer.

Say what??? Louis has a personal blog and no "people' that deal with his customers. His blog is open to everyone who is interested in reading it or asking him questions, which he is always quick to answer. How these rumors get started and then considered fact is beyond me.

Also, Louis has nothing to do with how many of anything is ordered. The QVC buyer dictates which pieces are chosen to manufacture from the many, many sketches he offers them and how many pieces of each will be ordered. Even though he monitors production as best he can it is a manufacturer chosen by QVC.

For years we have begged for more inventory and because QVC refuses to increase it enough to satisfy demand, a lot of us have learned that if there's something we really want then we'd better order at midnight the night before his shows, because that is when it is loaded into the computer. Due to the situation that QVC has created, and the way we've learned to deal with it, by show time a lot of things have sold out or are in very broken sizes and colors. If it were up to Louis I'm sure he would love to have enough pieces for everyone but that is not his decision.

There is no one who does more for his customers or tries harder to please us, which at times is not very easy given the constraints he is under and I'm sure some of the shenanigans that go on here. Louis gives his "sneak peeks" as he calls them, so the customers will know what was chosen by the buyers and what will be available in each of his upcoming shows. He does this so that his customers have time to plan in advance what they'd like to order and what will fit into their budget. Again, this is PUBLIC information and there's no secret club, code, or inside information that isn't available to anyone who is interested.

In response to your comments in 2 other threads, one being that Louis simply does not have the resources that IM and SG have, what resources are you referring to? They all have QVC's resources, not any different from one to the other, other than what QVC decides to order. In years past before "new" management took over Louis was on in prime time very often and did several TSVs every year both in Spring and Fall collections and around Christmas. It's only since Claire Watts from Walmart and Mike George from Dell took over did they decide to get rid of most legitimate designers and relegate awful hours with incredibly small inventory to the ones they kept.

ITA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't have said it better. It is the powers that be not Louis to be blamed. So many things have changed since Claire Watts & George took over & not for the better.

Diamonds22

Regular Contributor

On 6/26/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 6/26/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

If Linea is not sold in land stores and QVC sells it in off-time slots, maybe Linea is going out of business.

Or, why doesn't the Linea line manufacture more clothing for everyone.

It's not going out of business!! It has to do with the budget they (the buyers) are handed from QVC that determines how much inventory is available.

Susan Graver and Denim & Co have more of the budget pie because of those lines being 'in house'.

Because they are more popular with the masses! If the Linea line could bring in the $$ the other lines bring in, you'd see him more often. Has he ever had a TSV? The Q has no ulterior motives besides making money! I think the Linea customers love his line but are few in number.

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/26/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

If Linea is not sold in land stores and QVC sells it in off-time slots, maybe Linea is going out of business.

Or, why doesn't the Linea line manufacture more clothing for everyone.

The Q has clothing clearance during overnight hours. If we ladies did not fight to get his clothes, the items would not be popular. It is called supply and demand.

If you want more by SG or D&G.

Respected Contributor

At least Linea is still here.Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 Mustangshar said: At least Linea is still here.Smiley Happy

QVC has very few regular designers left.

Esteemed Contributor

Can we please get a real grip on the constant complaints about lack of inventory in LInea and the frequent statements that "LInea always sells out". I just did a quick check of items that I recall seeing from the last couple,of LInea shows and here are the results which you can easily check for yourselves. A255153-Set of 2 whisper knit tops Came in 5 colors and 9 sizes. Sold out in Pink M & 1x, Navy in 2x, Black 2x, Sand in XS, White in Med. So 45 possible combos of color and sizes. Sold out in 6 A255145 Top with patch pockets Came in 4 colors. Sold out in White XS, Black Large and 2x, Olive in Med, Blue in XS. 36 choices. Sold out in 5 A255181 Tile Print Skirt Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available. A255179 Tile Print Top Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available A254441 IKAT skirt Came in 2 colors. All sizes and colors available A254311 Cotton Sleeveless Blouse Came in 3 colors. Sold out in Black XS, Coffee Bean XXS, XS and Med So 18 choices. Sold out in 4 Also, many of the sold out colors and sizes show as being available on wait list in all the above referenced items. I tried to choose recently shown items and a combination of some basic items and some of the more specialized items like the tile print skirt and top. So, where are the sell outs and where is the inventory shortage that is complained about? They simply would appear not to exist.
Super Contributor

ON AM STYLE THIS MORNING THEY WANTED VIEWERS TO GET ON LEAH'S FACEBOOK PAGE AND ANSWER THE QUESTION ""WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FASHION LINE ON QVC"" I WROTE IN AND ANSWERED LINEA BY DEL O'LEO AND REMARKED THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF HIS CLOTHES INCLUDED IN AM STYLE. WELL MY SUGGESTION WAS NOT MENTIONED AT ALL. I GOT MY REMARK IN QUICKLY AS SOON AS THEY ANNOUNCED IT BUT IT WAS NEVER MENTIONED !!!!!!!!! DO WE HAVE A MUTINY HERE OR WHAT?

Respected Contributor

They seem to be going the way that the Q has found to get rid of those that don't give them the most profit for the time slot. Example, Kirk's Folly. Moved to later and later till it just went poof!

Now we have Dooney Days, Dyson Days, Dell Days. It's all about the $$. Like they say, follow the money.

If Louis and Bob and George, etc. brought in quantities that can be mass produced, like Susan Graver, Quacker Factory, LOGO, Women Without Control, etc. they could be on during the daytime hours. But since their products are limited, not gonna happen.