Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some people think things should be discontinued because they don't like them?

wrote:

How many anti tunic, cold shoulder, leggings, ankle and crop pants threads do we need? 

@JaneMarple

I believe the correct answer is 6

Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Re: Why do some people think things should be discontinued because they don't like them?

I have no problem with women criticizing a particular style.  We all have varied opinions on that, and it can be fun to chat about it.  However, I would never expect a retailer to stop carrying items just because I'm not buying it. 

Honored Contributor

I could not care less what they present. If I like something I buy it, otherwise I let it set in their warehouse.
Yes, I have said I would like to see less of certain items. if others feel differently, that's ok too. It's not all about me, but when the subject comes up, I do sometimes put in my 2 cents worth on the subject.
It's a subject of discussion, nothing earthshaking.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

As soon as I see someone say "nobody should wear XXX" or "XXX doesn't look good on anyone" I pretty much disregard whatever else they're saying about it . . .

Honored Contributor

An easy answer would be that they are selfish but I think it's because many (OK, some) people are only able to see one side of things....(their side).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the problem is to make the max profit if there is a particular trend or style that is all retailer seems to offer (example like the high/low hem-QVC's designers all seem to carry this style and its difficult to find a top with a straight hem), This just pushes out classic styles  The Buyers only have so much money to allocate so they go with trend and do away with other styles in an attempt to be "on trend"

I was shopping with a friend in Dillards and my friend was looking for a particular classic top....when the Sales Associate asked if she could help,  my friend told her what she was looking for.  The Sales Associate said we get a lot of requests for that, but we just don't stock it, we share that information with our Manager, but the buyers dont bring it in.....we lose sales because of it..........

And with the entire retail world just fighting to stay in business and fend off competition mostly from Amazon, they see less revenue coming in and the money needed to carry all kinds of styles just isn't feasible anymore.........

And another gripe is that "on trend" or "newest style" may not look good on everyone either..(the designers need to bring stuff that looks good on everyone, not just those that wear size 2)..so if that  primary fad style is not flattering to your figure thats a problem too! ....

These are the reasons people gripe about fashion........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Why would anyone in their right mind wear that?  It's perplexing!!

Contributor

We are all different and like different things.  That being said, why are people so bothering about this?

Trusted Contributor

I never understood it either. I suppose some just consider themselves authorities on what should or should not be available for purchase, what is in style, etc.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree

@chrystaltree wrote:

I agree but I think that is unique to this particular board.  "if I don't like it, no one should have it" mentality.  

@I think that is the feeling in general these days.We should all think the same.