Honored Contributor

Why do some people think things should be discontinued because they don't like them?

I never care what other people buy ,or wear ,or what is shown?

There are heaps of choices on line, and  other places.

Just because something isn't for me, it doesn't mean other people  shouldn't be able to have it, if they like it

Live and let live

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some people think things should be discontinued because they don't like them?

I totally agree, live and let live. However, I think that people get frustrated when a new style pushes out a style that one has come to love and that flatters them. I truely wish that there was room for everything, but retailers push the new, and some things go by the wayside. The good news is everything seems to come around again, that's fashion.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Why do some people think things should be discontinued because they don't like them?

They show what is popular at the moment.  I don't feel I am forced to buy it..I never have trouble finding clothing to wear

Honored Contributor

There are enough garments online, in stores and everywhere in between where everyone should find what suits them. No problem here. I love to look at clothes and most aren’t for me but I still like to look and occasionally throw in my two cents.

Honored Contributor

I agree but I think that is unique to this particular board.  "if I don't like it, no one should have it" mentality.  

Esteemed Contributor

I also  agree.  We are all different and are able to use or wear different things.  

Valued Contributor

I don't think something should be discontinued, but I do think that seeing the same things over many times a day is too much. Some things every brand has jumped on the bandwagon and produced their own version of it. After a while they all look like the same item. 

Honored Contributor

Thats sort of like saying , a song is popular ,but you can't play it more than once or twice....

Respected Contributor

I don't get it either. You're sick of crop pants and cold shoulder? Here's a novel idea -- don't wear it. And to those who are sick of seeing a certain style on others, why do you care what others wear? I refuse to believe that those who are sick of these styles can't find other options. It's just an excuse to whine.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I see that a lot on this board.  If people would get out and shop or look at the thousands of other on-line sources there are for shopping, they would see that there is something for everyone out there.

But when you are watching shopping channels, they only have a certain amount of time to showcase items so they are going to show popular items and items that are more trendy or of the moment. That's why it seems like all that is shown are ankle pants, or cold-shoulder tops, or leggings or tunics, whatever the case may be.  

Even if you just go to QVC.com and search, there is a ton of stuff that is never aired.