Respected Contributor

Re: Why bother having a vendor on with Jane?

Ouch!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been with QVC since the beginning.. before the internet when you had to make a phone call to order things.  You never knew when you would end up talking to the host.  I ordered a teacup and was forwarded to Jane.  She was warm and delightful.  Also the first and only time I ever talked to a host.

Occasional Contributor

I have tried to see how long Jane can go without coming up for air.  I lost track.  

Honored Contributor

Well, while we're griping I'll put my 2 cents in (so to speak).

I don't understand why there are vendors either.  But my complaint (a much better word) is...Ummm...I'm try to figure out how to express it....hold on... OK, got it:

I go crazy trying to figure out the colors of various items.  Here's an example, the Host rattles off the 'flowery' names/colors once then the Host and the Vendor (capital V now, I guess0...hummm) anyway, they stand or waltz over to the models (who just stand there and stand there)...ever notice we never see the back of the clothes they're modeling (more about that later)....I'm just getting started....(this is one heck of a sentence isn't it).

I can't tell you how many times I've had to run to get my ipad or go on the laptop or even my phone to find out what the garment (or item) I want is called and looks like.

Here's a hint to QVC, how about going over the colors more than once?  Oh!  Every now and then to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out the segment they'll repeat...but not THAT often. 

Actually I'd love to see something come up on the bottom showing a swatch of whatever it is being sold WITH the color description (as only QVC can make flowery a color).  It's often not like ....blue, green, pink, etc.  It's more like Ocean, Lake, River (something dumb).  A river color can be anywhere from brown to .....(well you get the picture).

As far as the Hosts talking and talking.  If my friend was here now she'd say, "Annabelle!  You're one to 'talk'".  Ha!  I am a talker...sometimes.  But (like many of you) I live alone and I like peace and quiet...often, actually.  Also, like many of you, I change the channel when I hear too much of it.

It would be interesting to read the statistics QVC delves into like a religion when it comes to the 'art' of the sell....

Someone here once said the Hosts repeat things so often because most people buy from QVC because they are channel surfing (not like most of us).  That would make sense on why the TSV is repeated so often (just shoot me now...right?).

Look!  We all have our favorite hosts.  Some even have their favorite vendors.  Some are like myself and are influenced by outside events when picking a favorite vendor.  Example, I don't care to watch Lisa R because I know how she is on Real Housewives.  I also, honestly, don't care for her clothes.  I'm a chub (size XL-1X) and they don't look good on me (my opinion).

I actually HATE (capital letters) it when I know Isaac has the TSV.  NOT because I hate him and his clothes but because I LOVE him and his clothes.  THAT means I'm going to be spending way too much money buying clothes I have no room for and not many places to wear them....yet, I do buy them. 

Put two and two together here.  Recently (last week) Isaac had a TSV AND (another pet peeve of mine....it rained and is still raining).  QVC must have people who are employed to do nothing but rain dances.  Rain is the bane of my existence....I hate rain!  QVC loves rain...it keeps many people inside and in front of their TV's...

I have just gone off on yet another of my tangents....Oh!  My!  It's Mother's Day, too!  My girls have sent flowers, cards and texted.  Before the day is out, I'll get phone calls from grandchildren and their Mom's.  I love, love my family.  My little sisters text and we meet for lunch too.  I'm a lucky girl.  

But the trick is....I know I'm lucky.  So, on this Mother's Day don't feel sorry for yourself.  Be glad that you can still be above ground.  As I'm fond of saying, (really I do say this quite often to people). "Every day above ground is a good day".  Ha!

ps, Bill the cat says, "Happy Mom's Day to his fur friends".

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Your posts always make me smile, no matter what!

Did Bill the Cat get you anything for Mother's Day? Cat LOL

Valued Contributor

Rude and fake. 

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Rude and fake. 

Well then try to do better. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

LOL!  Great thread title!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 @lOL....if they ever put you as a vendor with Jane it would be the most talked about show in the history of QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex  Hummm??? Is that a dig or ???

She could talk about her Disney stuff and I'd talk about all of the ummmm interesting"???" people/strangers I meet in the course of one week.

Did you read my story about the guy I met at Walmart who was buying 4 very large bottles of the laxative they give you for a colonoscopy to get the alcohol out of his girlfriend's system for a work check....? They'd just been to Las Vegas on a 3 day bender.  Evidentally, her work tests for alcohol?  I don't understand it.  He did say she smells like a bottle of Vodka.  I tried to explain to him the body works two different ways.  Liquid comes out differently.  Ha!  The pharmacist was trying to explain to him but he wanted no part of us...he walked away with 4 big bottles in his arms!

Then the same day I parked in front of a guy who had a huge RV/truck with huge stickers all over it showing real pictures of (if I post it I'll get zapped but it's about a woman's rights)....People were taking pictures standing next to it.

I took a picture and sent it to my daughters.  They were born and raised here!  They said, "Hummm!!! Not surprised at anything you see and do mom".