Respected Contributor

Why bother having a vendor on with Jane?

The Cuddle Duds TSV began and Jane talk, talk talked for 5 full minutes with the Vendor speaking for maybe 30 seconds.....this was the pattern of the show ( which inluded a story from Jane about watching a Disney movie) and after 15 minutes I turned itoff. There was no point in having the CD rep there. I was interested in the  cute doggie set but.....had enough.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why bother having a vendor on with Jane?

I thought the same throughout the entire shoe shopping show. I seriously cannot shop as fast as she can talk. I really felt bad for the vendors who came in for just one show presentation. It was a waste of their time. Not one of them got in more than a sentence or two. Jane did that show all by herself, no vendors needed.

To give her a few points though, I have to say she speaks so fast yet she never trips over her words, or has memory blips. No "ummm.." or "like...." or any of the filler words people use as they collect their thoughts.  She really speaks well for speaking so fast.

However, 1.5 minutes on each shoe is not enough time to even make a decision. I was laying down, and I was not going to get up to turn on my computer to be able to read about any of the shoes. Having hosts is the purpose of shopping by TV!

Respected Contributor

It is painful to watch so I don’t.

Esteemed Contributor

@panda1234 wrote:

It is painful to watch so I don’t.

She said she'd be on vacation through next week...she's too hyper for me~

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also can no longer watch Jane's shows.  She just rambles on & on.  Every single show she has a story or stories about her family.  It really is getting old.  Please let the vendor speak about the product!!

Honored Contributor

The problem is that they give Jane those shoe shows by herself.  She's used to it.  So she does talk a lot.  You can't have "dead" air on, so you have to talk a lot.  She's a good host though.  Lots of experience.

Valued Contributor

I try not to be too critical of the hosts because I know it is not an easy job but Jane has become unbearable for me. The other day she had the rep from Vince Camuto on her shoe shoe. I believe the rep’s name is Bethany. She is one of the best; always well groomed, well prepared and well spoken. That poor girl couldn’t get out one syllable. It was so awkward to watch her keep smiling and nodding at the camera and taking a deep breath ready to make her presentation and Jane just steamrollered her. I have liked Jane’s enthusiasm in the past but it’s gone to an extreme that seems rude to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's always been a gold medal talker but lately more so. Nerves from worrying about where the ax might fall next?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If you really think about it... why bother have any vendors on at all?

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

@CAMOGIRL wrote:

If you really think about it... why bother have any vendors on at all?

@CAMOGIRL I always liked it many years ago when it was just the host presenting the items. Not sure when they transitioned to having a vendor for each item aired, but maybe it might be time to go back to host-only shows?