Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Do Hosts Need QVC Facebook Customers Pick Out.......

MB is being silly & trying to give us a fuzzy feeling about her - but I'll bite. After seeing what she wore to the bridal shower - I think she could use help! I let out a groan - what an old lady number that was.

Esteemed Contributor

here's the comma (,) that didn't print! LOL

Respected Contributor

It's called BRAND marketing! Of course MB will select what she wants. All the hosts 'engage' Q customers online...it's a way of connecting to the audience! Most all companies do this now in some fashion. Calm down OP!!

Trusted Contributor

I think she will wear whatever she picks out herself. Who would know otherwise. It is just a way to get more attention to her Facebook page. Maybe they get more money if they have the largest Facebook following.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's silly, but they seem to think it's fun. As long as people participate, they will get the message that we enjoy it, and they'll immediately get to work on another similar promotion.
Super Contributor

She's just asking for an opinion . It doesn't mean that the dress, shoes, etc. chosen will be what she wears.

Respected Contributor

I think it is probably a QVC requirement that all hosts have a QVC/Facebook page. It's just a way they connect with QVC customers and promote themselves and QVC. I have no problem with it. I don't click ""like"" on any of their pages so I don't know what they are up to. I did see the MOG dress on Mary Beth's blog. I didn't vote but my advice would be....keep looking.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't read any of their blogs or Facebook, so I'm not inclined to vote.

Valued Contributor

This is a business, QVC is engaging the consumers to participate in their employees personal lives.Take it or ignore it. The hosts maybe nice people,but personally I don't engage in their personal lives. Nor do I read their blogs or Facebook page.The community board to me is entertaining to read people ideas or their area of concerns. It's like reading a novel,never knowing how it going to end.......like the continuing drama about LR. It's entertaining.
Occasional Contributor

QVC is a business, Marybeth and the hosts are sales people, its part of the marketing and sales strategy to use social media and the relationships of the hosts and customers to build company loyalty and SALES!