Respected Contributor

Re: Why Do Hosts Change Into Every Color?

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

It doesn't help me at all and in fact drives me batty. There are models employed to model the clothing.  This is something Leah began to do after her weightloss.  She insists on putting every single color on of a TSV clothing item, carrying every color of a TSV handbag and changing into every color of a TSV shoe.

Some hosts are like quick change artists and others aren't.  Unfortunately, Leah isn't and it just leads to awkwardness as you wait for her to change.  

I'm guessing with her weight loss, a lot more women are looking up to her and wanting to be like her. If she wears something then suddenly they want it. I think it was the same way with Lisa. Whatever she put on would probably magically start to sell faster.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I don't understand the need for it, but it doesn't bother me all that much.

@Krimpette 

My thoughts exactly. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind seeing the host wear the article of clothing --- but I much prefer seeing the models. No need for the host to keep changing her clothes.Can't they afford to pay the models???

Respected Contributor

If i were the  model it would kind of make me mad.   Changing all the time and then they zero on on the host instead playing dress up. 

Respected Contributor

All about the sale too.  Whatever works. 

Trusted Contributor

Just another reason for you to buy.

Honored Contributor

I like it when the host changes into an item being shown.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Please let's keep this kind.  I am truly confused as to why several of the hosts keep changing into every color of a clothing item, when they have several models on air to show the colors on the body.

I understand if a host is wearing a color that has just sold out and needs to change.  But I don't understand hosts doing it just because they have decided to do it, no other reason.  Lovely Leah is doing it this morning, and it has not gone smoothly at all -- repeatedly.

It makes the show very disjointed, waiting around in silence or just music playing while we stare at the models smiling.  It's just strange to me. 

But if it truly helps customers, carry on. 

I do not watch many of Q's presentations, however on other channels they change if the color they are wearing sells out. Models as well, if what they are wearing sells out they will put another color on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I do see now that for some it's a benefit to see as many people as possible showing the clothes in different colors.  Nice.

I guess for me, it's not at all necessary, especially since there are models there already.  In addition, if changing into every single color is making the show disjointed and slowing up the pace awkwardly, that is just a waste of selling time to me.  Unless a host can do it seamlessly and smoothly, it only makes me want to turn the channel (which I do). 

Honored Contributor

It seems to me that when there are samples in each of the colors available in multiple sizes for each host who is selling the items ... because of all these pieces that can no longer be sold as new merchandise - it's driving up the cost of the inventory for the rest of us.