Respected Contributor

Re: Why Do Hosts Change Into Every Color?

@faeriemoon wrote:

It would be my guess that when a certain color isn't moving the producer says something in the host's ear.  The host then puts on that color, and they start selling.

I agree @faeriemoon - I think the producer tells them when to change clothes or color.  I really don't think it's the host's decision.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

At this stage of my life I already know which colors look good on me and which ones don't.  Just sayin.

This was my thought as well.  

So I think it has more to do with pushing sales.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

It would be my guess that when a certain color isn't moving the producer says something in the host's ear.  The host then puts on that color, and they start selling.

That's definitely the case too.  Women who are shopping appreciate seeing different views, different sizes, different body types.  I think it's only those who think this is entertainment who might object to it.  

Respected Contributor

It's all sales hype.  If the host is willing to do this, they do it.  People who watch shopping channels get attached to certain hosts, and they take advantage of that.  If that makes the item more appealing to you, they are doing something right.  Personally, no amount of hype is going to make me budge if I don't feel it's a value.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

That's definitely the case too.  Women who are shopping appreciate seeing different views, different sizes, different body types.  I think it's only those who think this is entertainment who might object to it.  

@chrystaltree  As for me, I very much appreciate seeing the clothes modeled live so I can make a more informed purchasing decision.  My question was that the models are there, and I wondered about the benefit or purpose of having the host also change into all the options.

Lots of helpful posters here pointed out how nice it is to see different skin tones with different item colors.  As well as showing the item in motion.  I see that perspective now, all good.   

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Ding Ding ! !  I think we have the winning answer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I understand a host changing in the shirt if they want to, however I don't think it is "required". Jill Bauer never did it, I don't remember seeing Leah do it before her weight loss. Carolyn doesn't do it......So maybe it is just the newer hosts...... I don't mind them doing it, but not every single color-THAT is ridiculous!

Contributor

I’ll be kind and just say I have Leah overload.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't help me at all and in fact drives me batty. There are models employed to model the clothing.  This is something Leah began to do after her weightloss.  She insists on putting every single color on of a TSV clothing item, carrying every color of a TSV handbag and changing into every color of a TSV shoe.

Some hosts are like quick change artists and others aren't.  Unfortunately, Leah isn't and it just leads to awkwardness as you wait for her to change.  

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the need for it, but it doesn't bother me all that much.