Honored Contributor

Why Do Hosts Change Into Every Color?

[ Edited ]

Please let's keep this kind.  I am truly confused as to why several of the hosts keep changing into every color of a clothing item, when they have several models on air to show the colors on the body.

I understand if a host is wearing a color that has just sold out and needs to change.  But I don't understand hosts doing it just because they have decided to do it, no other reason.  Lovely Leah is doing it this morning, and it has not gone smoothly at all -- repeatedly.

It makes the show very disjointed, waiting around in silence or just music playing while we stare at the models smiling.  It's just strange to me. 

But if it truly helps customers, carry on. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do Hosts Change Into Every Color?

[ Edited ]

I would hope sharing different colors of the same fashion item gives consumers better perspective of what the colors look like on as imo gives a look at how a color may look on us despite the color of one's skin. We all know different colors look differently on each of us, how the item may 'wear' us. As well, colors may come alive to us in a better way. I don't have a problem with Leah doing this, I think she's good at it. So many shoppers here get bothered if we can't really see colors offered in a truer sense.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   Makes sense, I get it now!  More options ot see it on as many different women as possible.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

I do not know but I do not think it is required of them. If you notice Leah before she lost her weight she never ever changed clothes on set. Now she is like a kid in a candy store changing every time she can. She loves it NOW.She looks fantastic but is now starting to remind me of Lisa Robertson who I could never watch because I thought she was so stuck on herself. Losing weight is great but I cannot watch Leah anymore and I used to love her shows. No hate please. This is just my two cents.

Honored Contributor

The hosts change into all the various colors so that women who are shopping can see the various on a moving body. The more views, the more bodies, the movement....the better for those who are shopping since we cannot try things on ourselves. 

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD   I agree!  When I'm considering purchasing an article of clothing that's being presented I like to see the color that I'm interested in being worn.  It may sound silly but it does help me to decide if I like it or not.

Honored Contributor

Leah is darn proud of her weight loss as well she should be. So many of us gripe about how we look, how much we'd love to lose excessive weight. To dedicate one's self to losing weight as Leah has done is a great accomplishment not to mention how much better she feels as well us when we meet our goals. She's obviously loving all she's done for herself and now loving how great she feels and looks. Leah is nothing like LR, just my two cents.

Respected Contributor

I think wth Leah changing into all the colors throughout the AM Style show it keeps the TSV item on the potential shopper’s mind (no matter what is being presented) and if one color doesn’t lure them into buying maybe another color will.  Leah looks great in all the colors!

Esteemed Contributor

At this stage of my life I already know which colors look good on me and which ones don't.  Just sayin.

Honored Contributor

It would be my guess that when a certain color isn't moving the producer says something in the host's ear.  The host then puts on that color, and they start selling.