Respected Contributor

Winter white is great for fall!!  Of course here where I live it's still 90 outside, so white is still being worn.

Respected Contributor

White boots are very "on trend" right now -- tons of them available at Zappos, Nordstrom, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear white pants-slacks after Labor Day - not because of the rules of fashion - but the snow - rain - melting slop in the Northeast winters.  We're 'safe' for a couple of months until nasty stuff arrives.  Black = always a great choice!

Honored Contributor

The white pants are too short and I would not wear at this time of year.  Off white, yes.  The boots have got to go!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I will wear white pants through the month of October if the weather is warm. I used to have white go-go boots back in the day - not going there again, but they are trending for fall & winter. Right now we are having a heat wave of upper 80s so we are still wearing shorts! 

Our cold weather tends to settle in for good by the end of October. When that happens I won’t wear white until March or April. I love ivory, off white, & winter white too. I currently own an off white faux leather jacket. I wear that in fall, winter, & spring. It really brightens up a dark color cold weather outfit. 

Honored Contributor

Earlier this year, I bought (on sale) some winter white pants from Chico's.  It was too late in the season to wear them when I bought them, and they are too heavy for summer ... so they are hanging there in the closet. 

I do have a black turtleneck tunic similar to one pictured.  I have a daytime "event" on my calendar for early November and was thinking about what to wear.  I may give this a trial run.  (I recently got some "statement" silver chains from Chico's.)

Honored Contributor

Nowadays anything goes in fashion, but I just cant bring myself to wear something in white or blush in December.  It just doesnt look or feel right.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I watched that presentation and Louis was talking about how that "no white after Labor Day" got started. Can't remember the exact reason, but it went back to a very long time ago. Hopefully, one of the Linea gals will jump in with the reason he gave.

I have always worn whatever color I want, and when I want to wear it. I don't let anyone else dictate what I should wear, unless it is an employer. I think that is why I do not care to hear someone tell me what the fashion is in Paris, etc. Why would I let someone in Paris determine what I wear?

I love winter white and wear it probably once a week to work, whether it is a pair of slacks or a top or a scarf. I don't recall wearing white shoes though, but that's because my white shoes are sandals. Perhaps I should try wearing white closed shoes or white boots in winter. Kate looked beautiful with the total look!

Respected Contributor

I love my white jeans, and I definitely wear them past Labor Day. 

I like to pair them with shoes (and a handbag) that match the season. 

Trusted Contributor

I don't wear white pants or shoes any time of the year.