Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Cat walk. It's really fashion

The cat stole the show!  The best walker ever!!!  Cleaning himself at the beginning was worth the price of admission.

Honored Contributor

😻 I love this !!! Thanks.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Too funny!!!Woman LOL

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Very cute !  But my first thoughts were, I wonder how he got in there, I hope someone is taking care of him, feeding him, watering him.  When the show wrapped up, what became of the kitty ?  Hope he/she was not left by himself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

Very cute !  But my first thoughts were, I wonder how he got in there, I hope someone is taking care of him, feeding him, watering him.  When the show wrapped up, what became of the kitty ?  Hope he/she was not left by himself.

OK.  A reason for that.  Turkey is Islamic.  Islam revers cats.  A very stiff fine for even mishandling a cat.  The country is overrun with cats. People indulge them and the cats are fed all the time.  Probably the most feline of all countries (Egypt is a close second)  No they are not fixed. the above cat simply wondered in the fashion show. Below In a Mosque.  There is a religious argument over that and most cats are never fixed.

A man strokes a cat at Imam Aziz Mahmud Hudayi mosque in Istanbul.

Respected Contributor

@songbird

Thank you !

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@songbird

Thank you !

Here is a link.  I want to stress that cats are on the whole never mistreated and fed frequently.  In Islam cats have almost the same rights as human.  As in religious law they are as close to being human as possible.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/28/turkey-where-pampered-cats-are-top-dog

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1

Like you, I worried the same things.

My niece lived in Morocco and they also "revere" cats.  They overrun many places.   She lived in Ifrane and they were everywhere. 

Sadly, revering them, does not mean caring for them.  Many are sick and breed way too often.   Not all are fed and most are feral.  Not good.

It makes me crazy, but we have enough of THAT right here in this country.

Honored Contributor

All animals should have the same rights as humans, they are sentient beings.  It is cruel to subject these precious feeling beings to the cruelty of a slaughterhouse.  Respect to any country who values life.  We can honor life by continuing to not support the meat/dairy industry.

@songbird wrote:

Here is a link.  I want to stress that cats are on the whole never mistreated and fed frequently.  In Islam cats have almost the same rights as human.  As in religious law they are as close to being human as possible.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/dec/28/turkey-where-pampered-cats-are-top-dog